Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:05:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : Greg M. Bernstein
                          Sugang Xu
                          Young Lee
                          Giovanni Martinelli
                          Hiroaki Harai
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-09-13

   This memo provides extensions to Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (GMPLS) signaling for control of wavelength switched
   optical networks (WSON).  Such extensions are necessary in WSONs
   under a number of conditions including: (a) when optional processing,
   such as regeneration, must be configured to occur at specific nodes
   along a path, (b) where equipment must be configured to accept an
   optical signal with specific attributes, or (c) where equipment must
   be configured to output an optical signal with specific attributes.
   In addition this memo provides mechanisms to support distributed
   wavelength assignment with bidirectional LSPs, and choice in
   distributed wavelength assignment algorithms. These extensions build
   on previous work for the control of lambda and G.709 based networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-02.txt