Subject: [CCAMP] Proposed ITU-T Liaison on Flexible Grids

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:52:07 +0000

CCAMP,

As discussed during the meeting, we will send a liaison to ITU-T SG15 informing of our beginning work on Flexible Grids. Let us know if any comments. We will send it by end-of-the-week.

Thanks,
Deborah (and Lou)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Q6/15, Q12/15
Subject: Communication to ITU-T Q6/15 and Q12/15 from IETF's CCAMP
Working Group on Flexible Grids
Purpose: For Information

The CCAMP Working Group of IETF would like to inform you of our
beginning work on enhancing GMPLS's support for Wavelength Switched
Optical Network (WSON) equipment to support Flexible Grids. With the
recent progress on optical network technology regarding Flexible Grids,
CCAMP participants are interested in investigating these new
applications to ensure the applicability of GMPLS protocols for
connection setup and path computation.

We would appreciate if you would keep us informed of your progress in
this area. In CCAMP, this work is in a very early phase of development,
as we progress our work, we will communicate progress in this area.

Best regards,
Lou Berger and Deborah Brungard
IETF CCAMP Working Group Co-Chairs