Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:38:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for the Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON) with Impairments
	Author(s)       : Young Lee
                          Greg M. Bernstein
                          Dan Li
                          Giovanni Martinelli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-08.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2011-11-23

   As an optical signal progresses along its path, it may be altered by
   the various physical processes in the optical fibers and devices it
   encounters. When such alterations result in signal degradation,
   these processes are usually referred to as "impairments". These
   physical characteristics may be important constraints to consider
   when using a GMPLS control plane to support path setup and
   maintenance in wavelength switched optical networks.

   This document provides a framework for applying GMPLS protocols and
   the PCE architecture to support Impairment Aware Routing and
   Wavelength Assignment (IA-RWA) in wavelength switched optical
   networks. Specifically, this document discusses key computing
   constraints, scenarios and architectural processes: Routing,
   Wavelength Assignment, and Impairment Validation. This document does
   not define optical data plane aspects; impairment parameters,
   measurement of, or assessment and qualification of a route, but
   rather it describes the architectural and information components for
   protocol solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-08.txt

---

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:45:15 +0000

This revision concerns IETF Last Call, reflecting security directorate's comments as well as routing directorate's comments. The routing AD asked to publish revision due to significant changes from the previous version. 

Regards,
Young

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-08.txt

_______________________________________________
CCAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp