Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 6898 on Link Management Protocol Behavior Negotiation and Configuration Modifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6898

        Title:      Link Management Protocol Behavior Negotiation 
                    and Configuration Modifications 
        Author:     D. Li, D. Ceccarelli,
                    L. Berger
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21446
        Updates:    RFC 4204, RFC 4207, RFC 4209, RFC 5818

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-behavior-negotiation-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6898.txt

The Link Management Protocol (LMP) is used to coordinate the
properties, use, and faults of data links in networks controlled by
Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS).  This document
defines an extension to LMP to negotiate capabilities and indicate
support for LMP extensions.  The defined extension is compatible with
non-supporting implementations.

This document updates RFC 4204, RFC 4207, RFC 4209, and RFC 5818.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC