Subject: [CCAMP] FYI - Incoming communication from Broadband Forum

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:56:17 -0500

All,
	It looks like the Broadband Forum sent over "Initiation of Work on
Packet and DWDM Optimization",
https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1233/, in January.  As it was
addressed to the IETF as a whole it looks like normal WG notification
didn't take place.

The text of the included MS Word document can be found below.

Lou

----------------------------------------------------------------
Broadband Forum Liaison To:
IETF Routing Area Directors, CCAMP WG, IETF Operations and Management
Area Directors

Lou Berger, Co-Chair, CCAMP WG ([email-masked])
Deborah Brungard, Co-Chair, CCAMP WG ([email-masked])
Ron Bonica, AD, Operations and Management Area ([email-masked])
Benoit Claise, AD, Operations and Management Area ([email-masked])
Stewart Bryant, AD, Routing Area ([email-masked])
Adrian Farrel, AD, Routing Area ([email-masked])

From:
Christophe Alter 
Broadband Forum Technical Committee Chair
([email-masked])
Liaison Communicated By:  Manuel Paul ([email-masked])
Date:  January 25, 2013
Subject: Initiation of Work on Packet and DWDM Optimization

Ladies and Gentlemen,
At our 2012Q4 meeting in Osaka Japan, we initiated work on a new project
entitled “Achieving Packet Network Optimization using DWDM Interfaces”.
 This project addresses intra-domain architectures, requirements and use
cases for Packet and DWDM/Optical integration.
We are sending this liaison to inform you about this new activity within
the BBF and our intent to reference, use and promote work being done by
the IETF in this area.

The project addresses intra-domain architectures, requirements and use
cases for Packet and DWDM/Optical integration, covering both the
physically integrated and the physically separated WDM interface
approach, including:
-	The Data plane as defined by ITU-T Recommendations G.698.2, G.694.1,
and G.709.
The work will refer to ITU-T Recommendations for the data plane
specifications, and is not intended to redefine any ITU-T architecture,
interface, or physical layer specifications or parameters defined for
optical networks.
-	The Control plane protocols and their applicability aspects will
reference IETF RFCs and associated existing and evolving GMPLS
extensions.  Intra-optical network control plane aspects are not in scope.
-	The Management plane and operational aspects.  The work will refer to
relevant ITU-T and IETF documents and specifications.
We intend to create a technical specification that documents a profile
or implementation agreement of nodal requirements.  Additionally, we
intend to create an abstract test plan to validate the requirements of
the implementation agreement.

We intend to keep in close contact as our work progresses. We are
looking forward to an open and cooperative working relationship on this
topic.

A schedule of our next meetings appears below.
Sincerely,

Christophe Alter,
Broadband Forum Technical Committee Chair

CC:
Christophe Alter, Broadband Forum Technical Committee Chair
([email-masked])
Robin Mersh, Broadband Forum CEO ([email-masked])
Gabrielle Bingham, Broadband Forum Secretariat
([email-masked])
David Sinicrope, IP/MPLS Core WG Co-Chair, IETF Liaison Manager
([email-masked])
Drew Rexrode II, IP/MPLS Core WG Co-Chair ([email-masked])

Date of Upcoming Broadband Forum Meetings
DATES 	LOCATION
4th – 8th March, 2013	San Antonio, Texas, USA
3rd – 7th June, 2013	Asia (TBA)
16th – 20th September, 2013	Atlanta, Georgia, USA
18th – 22nd November, 2013	Rome, Italy

Note: A list of upcoming meetings can be found at
http://www.broadband-forum.org/meetings/upcomingmeetingsataglance.php

Attachments:
None.