Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'Traffic Engineering Extensions to OSPF for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Control of Evolving G.709 OTN Networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709v3-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 07:21:31 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Traffic Engineering Extensions to OSPF for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
   Control of Evolving G.709 OTN Networks'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709v3-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709v3/

Technical Summary

   This document describes Open Shortest Path First - Traffic
   Engineering (OSPF-TE) routing protocol extensions to support
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) control of Optical Transport Networks (OTN)
   specified in ITU-T Recommendation G.709 as published in 2012.  It
   extends mechanisms defined in RFC4203.

   This document is one of four informational and standards track documents
   going through the publication process as a set.
 
Working Group Summary

   There were many points of discussion, some more "intense" than
   others.  At this point there does not appear to be any notable
   discontent with the documented solution.
 
Document Quality

   The base GMPLS OSPF-TE mechanisms are implemented and deployed.
   Implementation status of the extensions defined in this document
   has not been publicly disclosed, but several implementations are
   expected.

Personnel
 
Lou Berger ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd
Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD