Subject: [CCAMP] New I-D version: draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-04.txt

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:14:56 +0100

Hi CCAMPers,

we posted a new version of draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions
- the new section 4.2.3 addresses Lou's comments

from the previous CCAMP meeting, i.e., compatibility with domains
utilizing PCE.  This section also describes how the

LSP diversity constraints can be handled in a mixed domain scenario
where distributed path computations is used in

some domains while other domains are using a PCE.

Comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Dieter and co-authors

-------- Original Message
--------

Subject:

I-D Action: draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-04.txt

Date:

Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:11:59 -0800

From:

<[email-masked]>

Reply-To:

<[email-masked]>

To:

<[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

Title : UNI Extensions for Diversity and Latency Support
Authors : Don Fedyk
Dieter Beller
Lieven Levrau
Daniele Ceccarelli
Fatai Zhang
Yuji Tochio
Xihua Fu
Filename : draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-04.txt
Pages : 24
Date : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
This document builds on the GMPLS overlay model [RFC4208] and defines
extensions to the GMPLS User-Network Interface (UNI) to support route
diversity within the core network for sets of LSPs initiated by edge
nodes. A particular example where route diversity within the core
network is desired, are dual-homed edge nodes. The core network is
typically composed of multiple network domains and those multi-domain
diversity aspects that have an implication on the GMPLS UNI
extensions are discussed.

The document also defines GMPLS UNI extensions to deal with latency
requirements for edge node initiated LSPs.

This document uses a VPN model that is based on the same premise as
L1VPN framework [RFC4847] but may also be applied to other
technologies. The extensions are applicable both to VPN and non VPN
environments. These extensions move the UNI from basic connectivity
to enhanced mode connectivity by including additional constraints
while minimizing the exchange of CE to PE information. These
extensions are applicable to the overlay extension service model.
Route Diversity for customer LSPs are a common requirement applicable
to L1VPNs. The UNI mechanisms described in this document are L1VPN
compatible and can be applied to achieve diversity for sets of
customer LSPs.

The UNI extensions in support of latency constraints can also be
applied to the extended overlay service model in order for the
customer LSPs to meet certain latency requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt