Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'GMPLS RSVP-TE extensions for OAM Configuration' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-oam-configuration-fwk-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 12:08:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'GMPLS RSVP-TE extensions for OAM Configuration'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-oam-configuration-fwk-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-oam-configuration-fwk/

Technical Summary

   Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) is an integral part
   of transport connections, hence it is required that OAM functions are
   activated/deactivated in sync with connection commissioning/
   decommissioning; avoiding spurious alarms and ensuring consistent
   operation.  In certain technologies, OAM entities are inherently
   established once the connection is set up, while other technologies
   require extra configuration to establish and configure OAM entities.
   This document specifies extensions to RSVP-TE to support the
   establishment and configuration of OAM entities along with Label
   Switched Path signaling.

Working Group Summary

  No issues. Good support by the WG.

Document Quality

  There have been no public statements related to implementations,
  though significant interest was expressed by the working group.

Personnel

  Deborah Brungard is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel is the Area Director.