Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-24.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:18:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
        Authors         : Greg M. Bernstein
                          Young Lee
                          Dan Li
                          Wataru Imajuku
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-24.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   A wavelength switched optical network (WSON) requires that certain
   key information elements are made available to facilitate path
   computation and the establishment of label switching paths (LSPs).
   The information model described in "Routing and Wavelength
   Assignment Information for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks"
   shows what information is required at specific points in the WSON.
   Part of the WSON information model contains aspects that may be of
   general applicability to other technologies, while other parts are
   fairly specific to WSONs.

   This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for
   the WSON specific information elements. It is intended that
   protocol-specific documents will reference this memo to describe how
   information is carried for specific uses. Such encodings can be used
   to extend GMPLS signaling and routing protocols. In addition these
   encodings could be used by other mechanisms to convey this same
   information to a path computation element (PCE).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-24

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-24

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 23:44:02 +0000

Hi,

This update has the following major changes from the previous version:

- Section 4: Resource Block Information field and its encoding has moved from the OSPF document (draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-13.txt) to this section. 
(This decision was made (thanks to Lou) due to the fact that the Resource Block Information sub-fields are "not" protocol dependent encodings and cannot be addressed in
 the corresponding OSPF enhancement document. 

- Section 4.1: 

A formal definition of TLV is introduced for Optional subfields: 

           0                   1                   2                   3  
           0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1  
          +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  
          |              Type             |             Length            |  
          +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  
          |                            Value...                           |  
          .                                                               .  
          .                                                               .  
          .                                                               .  
          +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

- Cleanups for the encodings for Optional subfields in Sections 4.1-4.4 and its subsections. 

- Section 6, the IANA Section introduces a new registry for GMPLS routing parameters  
       for WSON encoding. This new IANA registry will be created to make  
       the assignment of a new type and new values for the new "GMPLS  
       Routing Parameters for WSON."  

- Section 6.1 is introduced as follows: 
      
    6.1. Types for subfields of WSON Resource Block Information  
      
       Under this new GMPLS Routing Parameters for WSON, a new IANA  
       registry will be created for nested subfields of the Resource Block  
       Information field to create a new section named "Types for subfields  
       of WSON Resource Block Information" and allocate new values as  
       follows:  
      
       Value          Length      Sub-TLV Type                  Reference  
      
       0                          Reserved  
       1              variable    Optical Interface Class List [This.I-D]  
       2              variable    Acceptable Client  
                                  Signal List                  [This.I-D]  
       3              variable    Input Bit Rate List          [This.I-D]  
       4              variable    Processing Capability List   [This.I-D]  
       5-65535                    Unassigned  
      
       Types are to be assigned via Standards Action as defined in  
       [RFC5226].  
                                                    
- Clean-ups for the Reference Section. 

Thanks,
Young
-----Original Message-----
From: CCAMP [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-24.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
CCAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp