Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 7369 on GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Ethernet Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:15:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7369

        Title:      GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Ethernet 
                    Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
                    Configuration 
        Author:     A. Takacs, B. Gero, H. Long
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 38843
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7369.txt

The work related to GMPLS Ethernet Label Switching (GELS) extended
GMPLS RSVP-TE to support the establishment of Ethernet Label
Switching Paths (LSPs).  IEEE Ethernet Connectivity Fault Management
(CFM) specifies an adjunct Operations, Administration, and
Maintenance (OAM) flow to check connectivity in Ethernet networks.
CFM can also be used with Ethernet LSPs for fault detection and
triggering recovery mechanisms.  The ITU-T Y.1731 specification
builds on CFM and specifies additional OAM mechanisms, including
Performance Monitoring, for Ethernet networks.  This document
specifies extensions of the GMPLS RSVP-TE protocol to support the
setup of the associated Ethernet OAM entities of Ethernet LSPs and
defines the Ethernet technology-specific TLVs based on the GMPLS OAM
Configuration Framework.  This document supports, but does not
modify, the IEEE and ITU-T OAM mechanisms.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC