Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode-16.txt> (General Network Element Constraint Encoding for GMPLS Controlled Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 07:34:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'General Network Element Constraint Encoding for GMPLS Controlled
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode-16.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching can be used to control a
   wide variety of technologies. In some of these technologies network
   elements and links may impose additional routing constraints such as
   asymmetric switch connectivity, non-local label assignment, and
   label range limitations on links.

   This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for
   general information elements representing connectivity and label
   constraints as well as label availability. It is intended that
   protocol-specific documents will reference this memo to describe how
   information is carried for specific uses.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1926/