Subject: [CCAMP] WG Action: Rechartered Common Control and Measurement Plane (ccamp)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 07:48:27 -0800

The Common Control and Measurement Plane (ccamp) working group in the
Routing Area of the IETF has been rechartered. For additional information
please contact the Area Directors or the WG Chairs.

Common Control and Measurement Plane (ccamp)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active WG

Chairs:
  Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]>
  Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>

Mailing list
  Address: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ccamp/

Charter:

The CCAMP working group is responsible for standardizing a common
control plane and a separate common measurement plane for non-packet
technologies found in the Internet and in the networks of telecom
service providers (ISPs and SPs). Examples of the devices in such
networks include photonic cross-connects, OEO switches, ROADMs, TDM
switches, microwave links, and Ethernet switches.

In this context, measurement refers to the acquisition and 
distribution of attributes relevant to the setting up of tunnels
and paths.

The working group develops extensions to core Traffic Engineering 
protocols that are under the care of other working groups. The CCAMP
working group will coordinate with the TEAS working group to ensure
that extensions that can be generalized for use with more than one
technology are made appropriately, and with the working groups that
have responsibility for the specific protocols.

CCAMP WG work scope includes:

- Definition of protocol-independent metrics and parameters 
  (measurement attributes) for describing links and paths that are
  required for routing and signaling in technology-specific 
  networks. These will be developed in conjunction with requests 
  and requirements from other WGs to ensure overall usefulness.

- Maintenance and extension of the Link Management Protocol (LMP).

- Functional specification of extensions for GMPLS-related routing
  (OSPF, ISIS) and signaling (RSVP-TE) protocols required for path
  establishment and maintenance in non-packet, technology-specific
  networks. Protocol formats and procedures that embody these 
  extensions will be done jointly with the WGs supervising those
  protocols and the TEAS working group has the responsibility to 
  determine whether such protocol extensions should be generalized
  for Traffic Engineering in any network.

  This may include protocol work to support data planes that have
  already been approved by another Standards Development 
  Organization. Note that the specification or modification of data
  planes is out of scope of this working group

- Definition of management objects (e.g., as part of MIB modules 
  or YANG models) and control of OAM techniques relevant to the
  protocols and extensions specified within the WG. The OAM work
  will be synchronized with the LIME WG

- Describe non-packet-specific aspects of traffic engineering
  including for multi-areas/multi-AS/multi-layer scenarios and
  define protocol extensions in cooperation with the TEAS and
  PCE working groups.

- Define how the properties of network resources gathered by a
  measurement protocol (or by other means such as configuration)
  can be distributed in existing routing protocols, such as OSPF,
  IS-IS, and BGP-LS. CCAMP will work with the WGs that supervise
  these 

The CCAMP WG currently works on the following tasks:

- Protocol extensions in support of WSON.

- Protocol extensions in support of flexible grid lambda networks.

- Maintenance of existing protocol extensions for non-packet
  technology-specific networks (Ethernet, TDM, OTN) already 
  specified by CCAMP.

- Maintenance of LMP.

Milestones:
  Done     - Post strawman WG goals and charter
  Done     - Identify and document a limited set of candidate solutions
for signalling and for measurement.  Among candidate control solutions to
be considered are the existing GMPLS drafts.
  Done     - Build appropriate design teams
  Done     - Submit WG document defining path setup portions of common
control plane protocol
  Done     - Submit WG document defining common measurement plane
protocol
  Done     - Submit LMP MIB to IESG
  Done     - Submit GMPLS MIBs to IESG
  Done     - Submit protection & restoration documents to IESG
  Done     - Submit ASON signaling requirements doc to IESG
  Done     - Produce CCAMP WG document for multi-area/AS signaling and
routing
  Done     - Produce CCAMP WG document for generic tunnel tracing
protocol
  Done     - Submit ASON routing requirements doc to IESG
  Done     - Submit revised charter and milestones to IESG for IESG
consideration of more detailed deliverables and determination of
usefulness of continuation of WG
  Done     - First version WG I-D for Advertising TE Node Capabilities in
ISIS and OSPF
  Done     - First version WG I-D for Automatic discovery of MPLS-TE mesh
membership
  Done     - Submit ASON Routing evaluation I-D for IESG review
  Done     - Cross-WG review of I-D for Advertising TE Node Capabilities
in ISIS and OSPF
  Done     - First version WG I-D MPLS to GMPLS migration strategies
  Done     - Submit RSVP-TE extensions for inter-domain signaling I-D for
IESG review
  Done     - Submit Per-domain path computation signaling I-D for IESG
review
  Done     - First version of WG I-D for ASON Routing solutions
  Done     - First version WG I-D Requirements for Multi-Layer and
Multi-Region Networks
  Done     - First version WG I-D for Evaluation of existing protocols
for MLN/MRN
  Done     - Submit GMPLS signaling in support of Call Management I-D for
IESG review
  Done     - Submit I-D for Advertising TE Node Capabilities in ISIS and
OSPF for IESG review
  Done     - First version WG I-D for Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN
  Done     - First version of WG I-D for OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB module
  Done     - First version WG Informational I-D for Analysis of
inter-domain issues for disjoint and protected paths
  Done     - Submit GMPLS/ASON lexicography I-D for IESG review
  Done     - Submit LSP Stitching I-D for IESG review
  Done     - First version WG I-D MPLS-GMPLS interworking requirements
and solutions
  Done     - Submit I-D for Automatic discovery of MPLS-TE mesh
membership for IESG review
  Done     - First version WG I-D GMPLS OAM Requirements
  Done     - Submit GMPLS routing and signaling interoperability advice
I-D for IESG review
  Done     - Submit MPLS to GMPLS migration strategies I-D for IESG
review
  Done     - Submit Requirements for Multi-Layer and Multi-Region
Networks I-D for IESG review
  Done     - Submit MPLS-GMPLS interworking requirements and solutions
I-D for IESG review
  Done     - Submit Evaluation of existing protocols for MLN/MRN for IESG
review
  Done     - Submit Informational I-D for Analysis of inter-domain issues
for disjoint and protected paths for IESG review
  Done     - First version WG I-Ds for GMPLS source-controlled and
explicitly-routed Ethernet networks
  Done     - Submit Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN I-D for IESG review
  Done     - First version of WSON routing related Working Group drafts
  Done     - Submit Ethernet related drafts for IESG review
  Done     - Submit hierarchy bis for IESG review
  Done     - First version of LMP Negotiation Working Group draft
  Done     - First version of G.709 enhancements framework Working Group
drafts
  Done     - First version of Working Group draft providing Control Plane
Framework for MPLS-TP
  Done     - Submit TE MIB module IESG review
  Done     - Submit VCAT/LCAS with GMPLS for IESG review
  Done     - Submit Lambda labels draft for IESG review
  Done     - Submit WSON framework draft for IESG review
  Done     - Submit WSON impairment framework draft for IESG review
  Done     - First version of OAM configuration solutions Working Group
draft
  Done     - First version of G.709 enhancements solutions Working Group
drafts
  Done     - First version of Working Group draft defining RSVP-TE
extensions for MPLS-TP
  Done     - Submit Control Plane Framework for MPLS-TP for IESG review
  Done     - Submit RSVP-TE extensions for MPLS-TP for IESG review
  Done     - Submit OAM configuration framework for IESG review
  Done     - Submit LMP Negotiation for IESG review
  Done     - Submit G.709 enhancements framework for IESG review
  Done     - Submit G.709 enhancements solutions for IESG review
  Done     - First version flexigrid requirements/framework Working Group
draft
  Done     - Submit last OAM configuration solutions for IESG review
  Done     - Submit first set of OAM configuration solutions for IESG
review
  Dec 2013 - Submit WSON routing related drafts for IESG review
  Dec 2013 - Submit WSON signaling related draft for IESG review
  Jan 2014 - First version GMPLS E-NNI Working Group draft
  Jan 2014 - Submit final OAM configuration solutions for IESG review
  Mar 2014 - First versions of impairments related solutions Working
Group drafts
  Jun 2014 - Submit MPLS-TP Association to IESG
  Nov 2014 - Recharter or close Working Group
  Mar 2015 - Submit impairments related solutions for IESG review