Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-27.txt> (Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 10:32:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength
   Switched Optical Networks'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-27.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A wavelength switched optical network (WSON) requires that certain
   key information elements are made available to facilitate path
   computation and the establishment of label switching paths (LSPs).
   The information model described in "Routing and Wavelength
   Assignment Information for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks"
   shows what information is required at specific points in the WSON.
   Part of the WSON information model contains aspects that may be of
   general applicability to other technologies, while other parts are
   specific to WSONs.

   This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for
   the WSON specific information elements. It is intended that
   protocol-specific documents will reference this memo to describe how
   information is carried for specific uses. Such encodings can be used
   to extend GMPLS signaling and routing protocols. In addition these
   encodings could be used by other mechanisms to convey this same
   information to a path computation element (PCE).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.