Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-09.txt> (OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network Element Constraints) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 06:08:52 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network Element Constraints'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-09.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) can be used to
   control a wide variety of technologies including packet switching
   (e.g., MPLS), time-division (e.g., SONET/SDH, Optical Transport
   Network (OTN)), wavelength (lambdas), and spatial switching (e.g.,
   incoming port or fiber to outgoing port or fiber). In some of these
   technologies, network elements and links may impose additional
   routing constraints such as asymmetric switch connectivity, non-
   local label assignment, and label range limitations on links. This
   document describes Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing protocol
   extensions to support these kinds of constraints under the control
   of GMPLS.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1697/