Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 05:17:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Framework and Requirements for GMPLS-based control of Flexi-grid DWDM networks
        Authors         : Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Xihua Fu
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Iftekhar Hussain
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-03.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2015-02-23

Abstract:
   To allow efficient allocation of optical spectral bandwidth for high
   bit-rate systems, the International Telecommunication Union
   Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) has extended its
   Recommendations G.694.1 and G.872 to include a new dense wavelength
   division multiplexing (DWDM) grid by defining a set of nominal
   central frequencies, channel spacings and the concept of "frequency
   slot".  In such an environment, a data plane connection is switched
   based on allocated, variable-sized frequency ranges within the
   optical spectrum creating what is known as a flexible grid (flexi-
   grid).

   This document defines a framework and the associated control plane
   requirements for the GMPLS-based control of flexi-grid DWDM networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ramon Casellas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:31:54 +0100

Dear all,

As you may have noticed in a previous mail, we have submitted version 
-03 of draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk

The authors believe the document is, content-wise, complete and we plan 
to request Last Call during the next meeting

In view of this, your comments are most welcome. For your convenience, 
the main changes are related to the following points:

* Added missing abbreviations,  such as FSC, SSON, etc.
* Added the terms OTSi and OTSiG, Effective Freq Slot (G870)
* Elaborated on the Concepts of OTSi
* A Section on Composite Media Channels
* Changes in the use of OCh-P
*  Fixed ascii -> (2^m)
* Moved around some sections
* New section on Security considerations
* New Manageability section
* Added reference RFC4202
* Removed editorial notes
* Updated some contributors' affiliations.
* Nits, grammar & typo fixes.

See 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-02&url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-03

Best regards
Ramon

El 23/02/2015 a las 14:17, [email-masked] escribió:
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp

---

From: Ramon Casellas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 08:57:59 +0100

El 23/02/2015 a las 14:31, Ramon Casellas escribió:
>
> The authors believe the document is, content-wise, complete and we 
> plan to request Last Call during the next meeting

Dear CCAMPers, WG chairs,

I have been pointed out that it may be more efficient to request Last 
Call before the next face to face meeting and use f2f time to address 
potential issues identified during LC.

Consequently, as a follow-up of my previous mail, I would like to 
request Last-Call for our draft draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-03 
"Framework and Requirements for GMPLS-based control of Flexi-grid DWDM 
networks"

Thanks and best regards
Ramon

---

From: Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 08:21:39 +0000

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for leading this activity and helping progressing the work. 

Working group,

Since both the chairs, the secretary and our AD are all involved in this work, I will start the polling for the IPR disclosure and then start the WG last call *but* Lou was asked (and kindly accepted) to call for consensus.
In the meanwhile please start reviewing the draft and send your comments to the list.

Many thanks
Daniele

> -----Original Message-----
> From: CCAMP [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ramon
> Casellas
> Sent: martedì 24 febbraio 2015 08:58
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-03.txt
> 
> I have been pointed out that it may be more efficient to request Last Call
> before the next face to face meeting and use f2f time to address potential
> issues identified during LC.
> 
> Consequently, as a follow-up of my previous mail, I would like to request
> Last-Call for our draft draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-03