Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 7581 on Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7581

        Title:      Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information 
                    Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks 
        Author:     G. Bernstein, Ed., Y. Lee, Ed.,
                    D. Li, W. Imajuku, J. Han
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 72511
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-28.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7581

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7581

A Wavelength Switched Optical Network (WSON) requires certain
key information fields be made available to facilitate path
computation and the establishment of Label Switched Paths (LSPs).
The information model described in "Routing and Wavelength
Assignment Information Model for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks" (RFC 7446) shows what information is required at specific points in the WSON.  Part of the WSON information model contains aspects that may be of
general applicability to other technologies, while other parts are
specific to WSONs.

This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for
the WSON-specific information fields.  It is intended that protocol-
specific documents will reference this memo to describe how
information is carried for specific uses.  Such encodings can be used
to extend GMPLS signaling and routing protocols.  In addition, these
encodings could be used by other mechanisms to convey this same
information to a Path Computation Element (PCE).

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC