Subject: [CCAMP] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-15: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 03:19:39 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sections 6.1.1 and 6.2.1 correctly say that they're creating new
registries, but Sections 6.1 and 6.2 incorrectly say that, when they
appear to be only registering TLVs in existing registries.  IANA hasn't
reviewed this yet, I see, so I don't know how confused they might be, but
it would be good to fix this (also note the URL correction in 6.1):

OLD (6.1)
   New IANA registry will be created for the Optical Node Property TLV
   to allocate a new TLV Type and its Value for this Top Level Node TLV
   in the "Top Level Types in TE LSAs" section of the "OSPF Traffic
   Engineering TLVs" registry located at
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/ospf-traffic-eng-tlvs/ospf-traffic-
   eng-tlvs.xhtml.

   The following TLV is allocated in this specification.
NEW
   IANA is asked to register a new TLV for "Optical Node Property".
   The new TLV will be registered in the "Top Level Types in TE LSAs"
   registry in "OSPF Traffic Engineering TLVs", located at
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/ospf-traffic-eng-tlvs, as follows:
END

OLD (6.2)
   A new IANA registry will be created to make the assignment of a new
   value for the existing "Switching Types" TLV of the "GMPLS Signaling
   Parameters" registry located at
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/gmpls-sig-parameters as follows:
NEW
   IANA is asked to register a new TLV for "WSON-LSC capable".
   The new TLV will be registered in the "Switching Types" registry in
   "GMPLS Signaling Parameters", located at
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/gmpls-sig-parameters, as follows:
END