Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-15.txt> (GMPLS OSPF Enhancement for Signal and Network Element Compatibility for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:27:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'GMPLS OSPF Enhancement for Signal and Network Element Compatibility
   for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-15.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (GMPLS) Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing enhancements to
   support signal compatibility constraints associated with Wavelength-
   Switched Optical network (WSON) elements. These routing enhancements
   are applicable in common optical or hybrid electro-optical networks
   where not all of the optical signals in the network are compatible
   with all network elements participating in the network.

   This compatibility constraint model is applicable to common optical
   or hybrid electro optical systems such as Optical-Electronic-Optical
   (OEO) switches, regenerators, and wavelength converters since such
   systems can be limited to processing only certain types of WSON
   signals.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1696/