Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid in Lambda Switch Capable (LSC) Label Switching Routers' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:32:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid in Lambda Switch Capable (LSC)
   Label Switching Routers'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label/

Technical Summary

GMPLS supports the description of optical switching by identifying
entries in fixed lists of switchable wavelengths (called grids) through
the encoding of lambda labels.  Work within the ITU-T Study Group 15
has defined a finer granularity grid, and the facility to flexibly select
different widths of spectrum from the grid.  This document defines a
new GMPLS lambda label format to support this flexi-grid.

This document updates RFC 3471 and RFC 6205 by introducing a
new label format.

Working Group Summary

There were no problems with consensus for this document.
    
Document Quality

The work has had contributions from a large group of people,
the draft is pretty simple, clear and based on RFC6205. Additionally,
the work has had external review form the IDEALIST EU project that
is doing multiple inter-operating implementations of a GMPLS control
plane for flexi-grid.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Daniele Ceccarelli
Area Director: Deborah Brungard