Subject: [CCAMP] [Errata Verified] RFC4920 (4480)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:33:05 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC4920,
"Crankback Signaling Extensions for MPLS and GMPLS RSVP-TE". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4920&eid=4480

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-09-20
Verified by: Deborah Brungard (IESG)

Section: 6.2

Original Text
-------------
For types 10 and 23, the Value field has the format:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |   Length      |     IS-IS Area Identifier                     |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      ~                     IS-IS Area Identifier (continued)         ~
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

       Length

          Length of the actual (non-padded) IS-IS Area Identifier in
          octets.  Valid values are from 2 to 11 inclusive.

Corrected Text
--------------
For types 10 and 23, the Value field has the format:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |   Length      |     IS-IS Area Identifier                     |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      ~                     IS-IS Area Identifier (continued)         ~
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

       Length

          Length of the actual (non-padded) IS-IS Area Identifier in
          octets.  Valid values are from 1 to 13 inclusive.

Notes
-----
IS-IS area IDs can vary from 1 to 13 bytes in length (max NSAP length is 20, minus 1 byte for NSEL, minus 6 bytes for SysID).

*Noted by Jonathan Hardwick in another document that was using the same data.

--------------------------------------
RFC4920 (draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Crankback Signaling Extensions for MPLS and GMPLS RSVP-TE
Publication Date    : July 2007
Author(s)           : A. Farrel, Ed., A. Satyanarayana, A. Iwata, N. Fujita, G. Ash
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Common Control and Measurement Plane
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG