Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 7699 on Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid in Lambda Switch Capable (LSC) Label Switching Routers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 15:00:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7699

        Title:      Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid 
                    in Lambda Switch Capable (LSC) Label 
                    Switching Routers 
        Author:     A. Farrel, D. King,
                    Y. Li, F. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30463
        Updates:    RFC 3471, RFC 6205

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7699

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7699

GMPLS supports the description of optical switching by identifying
entries in fixed lists of switchable wavelengths (called grids)
through the encoding of lambda labels.  Work within the ITU-T Study
Group 15 has defined a finer-granularity grid, and the facility to
flexibly select different widths of spectrum from the grid.  This
document defines a new GMPLS lambda label format to support this
flexi-grid.

This document updates RFCs 3471 and 6205 by introducing a new
label format.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC