Subject: [CCAMP] [Errata Verified] RFC5817 (5299)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 07:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5817,
"Graceful Shutdown in MPLS and Generalized MPLS Traffic Engineering Networks". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5299

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Naiming Shen <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-03-24
Verified by: Deborah Brungard (IESG)

Section: 4.1

Original Text
-------------
   The OSPF and IS-IS procedures for graceful shutdown of TE links are
   similar to the graceful restart of OSPF and IS-IS as described in
   [RFC4203] and [RFC5307], respectively.  Specifically, the node where
   graceful shutdown of a link is desired originates the TE LSA or IS-
   IS-LSP containing a Link TLV for the link under graceful shutdown
   with the Traffic Engineering metric set to 0xffffffff, 0 as
   unreserved bandwidth.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The OSPF and IS-IS procedures for graceful shutdown of TE links are
   similar to the graceful restart of OSPF and IS-IS as described in
   [RFC4203] and [RFC5307], respectively.  Specifically, the node where
   graceful shutdown of a link is desired originates the TE LSA or IS-
   IS-LSP containing a Link TLV for the link under graceful shutdown
   with the Traffic Engineering metric set to 0xffffffff for OSPF and
   to 0xffffff for IS-IS, 0 as unreserved bandwidth.

Notes
-----
IS-IS TE Default Metric is a 24-bit unsigned integer as defined in RFC 5305 section 3.7 "Sub-TLV 18: Traffic Engineering Default Metric"; while in OSPF, RFC 3630 section 2.5.5, the OSPF TE metric is four octets in length.

--------------------------------------
RFC5817 (draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-graceful-shutdown-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Graceful Shutdown in MPLS and Generalized MPLS Traffic Engineering Networks
Publication Date    : April 2010
Author(s)           : Z. Ali, JP. Vasseur, A. Zamfir, J. Newton
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Common Control and Measurement Plane
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG