Subject: [CCAMP] Mail regarding draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello

From: "NELLS K.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 11:51:19 +0530

Hi,
I have a query on RFC4558 & RFC4206, regarding "Maintenance of RSVP HELLO
adjacency over a FA adjacency".

I see that:
1) RFC3209 talks about HELLO adjacency over a directly connected numbered
interface.
2) RFC4558 further extended HELLO adjacency over directly connected
unnumbered interfaces.

Both above documents specified IP TTL value of the HELLO as 1 -- because
nodes were directly connected/adjacent.

So when an LSP is tunnelled through a FA-LSP, is there any IETF document
which covers procedures to be followed for non-adjacent/out-of-band HELLO
adjacency ?

RFC4206 does talk about procedures to be followed for PATH messages. i.e.
avoiding IP TTL vs. RSVP TTL check in this case. Does these procedures
applies to HELLO messages as well ?

Thanks & Regards
Nells K.S

---

From: "NELLS K.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 20:20:48 +0530

Hi Kireeti/Yakov/Zafar/Reshad/Danny/Dimitri,
    Can you please help with the query.

Thanks & Regards
Nells K.S