Subject: [CCAMP] Adam Roach's Discuss on draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module-08: (with DISCUSS)

From: Adam Roach via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 19:10:26 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module-08: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

§6:

>         If the type is given as an UUID or a string, it is interpreted
>         as a W3C regular expression, which matches a resource of type
>         'yang:uuid' or 'string' if the given regular expression
>         matches the resource string.

This needs a citation for what is meant by "W3C regular expression." I'm making
a wild guess that this refers to the regular expressions defined for use with
XSD? If so, the reference is presumably this document:
https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 10:32:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module/

You're right.  I have added a reference. In RFC 7950 we reference
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028, so perhaps we
should do that here as well (the idea is to use the same regexp as in
YANG).  But OTOH the regexp definition has not changed at all between
XSD 1.0 and 1.1, so perhaps it doesn't matter.

/martin

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:23:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

We have now posted draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module-09.  Please verify
that this version addresses your DISUSS.

/martin & stefan

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 10:53:07 -0500

> that this version addresses your DISUSS.

Thanks for the rapid turn around on this. I'm not terribly familiar with 
the conventions for YANG module citations, but I would have expected to 
see this document in the "Normative References" section also. I'm 
clearing my DISCUSS, and leave it to you and your AD to do the right 
thing (especially since I'm not entirely sure what that thing is).

/a

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 18:35:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thanks for the rapid turn around on this. I'm not terribly familiar
> with the conventions for YANG module citations, but I would have
> expected to see this document in the "Normative References" section
> also.

It is there; the last entry in Normative References:

      [XSD-TYPES]
              Malhotra, A. and P. Biron, "XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes
              Second Edition", World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation
              REC-xmlschema-2-20041028, October 2004,
              <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028>.

/martin