Subject: [CCAMP] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-bandwidth-availability-14

From: Shwetha Bhandari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 18:38:33 -0700

Reviewer: Shwetha Bhandari
Review result: Has Issues

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary:
   This document introduces an optional Availability TLV in
   Resource ReSerVation Protocol - Traffic Engineer (RSVP-TE)
   signaling. This extension can be used to set up a Generalized Multi-
   Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) in
   conjunction with the Ethernet SENDER_TSPEC object.
   The term availability is used to describe links with variable bandwidth.

This TLV and its processing described in the document is useful in efficient
network planning of the link capacity by communicating different bandwidth
availability classes needed by different types of services over variable
bandwidth links. I do not see any operational or manageability related issues
due to introducing this new TLV and its processing.

However I concur with the Genart review comment that raises an issue on the
recommended behavior of existing implementation of RSVP protocol that do not
understand the TLV:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/gen-art/eW3cbYTHCn4G-kwRb3Tqvy2SAV4 This
needs to be resolved before the document can be considered ready.

---

From: "Yemin (Amy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 15:07:25 +0000

Hi Shwetha, 

Thanks for the comments. 
We will change text to informative text as below: 
When a node does not support the Availability TLV, the node should send a PathErr 
message with Error Code "Unknown Attributes TLV[RFC 5420]".

BR,
Amy
________________________________________
发件人: Shwetha Bhandari via Datatracker [[email-masked]]
发送时间: 2019年4月9日 9:38
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
主题: Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-bandwidth-availability-14

Summary: