Subject: [CCAMP] Layer 1 Type Model Ready

From: "Zhenghaomian (Zhenghaomian, Optical Technology Research Dept)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 02:51:51 +0000

Hi, WG,

According to the discussion in Prague, the common types from layer-specific are agreed to be extracted into separate draft. The integration work is now ready for layer 1 networking by combining the previous ietf-otn-types and ietf-l1-service-types. The proposed types file would be needed for a few other Layer 1 specific modules, including the ietf-otn-topology, ietf-otn-tunnel and ietf-l1csm.

Please noted that related drafts with old types, including draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model and draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang, need to be updated. This work is under the progressing of the authors *separately* and the plan is to finalize the updating before IETF 105.

Chairs, the draft is requesting your approval for validation, thank you.

Best wishes,
Haomian (on behalf of all Authors & Contributors)

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 15:46:37 +0000

Looking at
draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-00
what strikes me is the lack of references compared to, say,
draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types

You have e.g.
  identity ODU0 {base odu-type; description  "ODU0 protocol (1.24G)"
  identity ODU1 {base odu-type; description  "ODU1 protocol (2.49G)";
where it has
  identity odu0 { base otn-rate-type; description "ODU0 bit rate.";
    reference "RFC7139";
  identity odu1 { base otn-rate-type; description "ODU1 bit rate.";
    reference "RFC7139";

I think those references are needed, for each and every one, and, in
that respect,
draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types
has got it right.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zhenghaomian (Zhenghaomian, Optical Technology Research Dept)"
<[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 3:51 AM

Hi, WG,

According to the discussion in Prague, the common types from
layer-specific are agreed to be extracted into separate draft. The
integration work is now ready for layer 1 networking by combining the
previous ietf-otn-types and ietf-l1-service-types. The proposed types
file would be needed for a few other Layer 1 specific modules, including
the ietf-otn-topology, ietf-otn-tunnel and ietf-l1csm.

Please noted that related drafts with old types, including
draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model and draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang, need
to be updated. This work is under the progressing of the authors
*separately* and the plan is to finalize the updating before IETF 105.

Best wishes,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
>