Subject: [CDNi] FW: I-D Action: draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-02.txt

From: "Kent Leung (kleung)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:05:22 -0700

Here's the new version of the requirements draft.  The changes from
version -01 to -02 are listed at
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-02
.txt.

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 10:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Content Distribution Network Interconnection
(CDNI) Requirements
	Author(s)       : Kent Leung
                          Yiu Lee
                          Francois Le Faucheur
                          Mahesh Viveganandhan
                          Grant Watson
	Filename        : draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-07-08

   Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) are frequently used for large-scale
   content delivery.  As a result, existing CDN providers are scaling up
   their infrastructure and many Network Service Providers (NSPs) are
   deploying their own CDNs.  There is a requirement for interconnecting
   standalone CDNs so that their collective CDN footprint can be
   leveraged for the end-to-end delivery of content from Content Service
   Providers (CSPs) to end users.  The Content Distribution Network
   Interconnection (CDNI) working group has been chartered to develop an
   interoperable and scalable solution for such CDN interconnection.

   The goal of the present document is to outline the requirements for
   the solution and interfaces to be specified by the CDNI working
   group.

Requirements Language

   The key words &quot;Must&quot;, &quot;Should&quot; and
&quot;May&quot; in this document are to be
   interpreted in the following way:

   o  &quot;Must&quot; indicates requirements that are to be supported
by the CDNI
      protocols in the stated scope (aka &quot;within initial CDNI
scope&quot; or
      &quot;beyond initial scope&quot;).  A requirement is stated as a
&quot;Must&quot; when
      it is established by that it can be met without compromising the
      targeted schedule for WG deliverables, or when it is established
      that specifying a solution without meeting this requirement would
      not make sense and would justify re-adjusting the WG schedule, or
      both.

   o  &quot;Should&quot; indicates requirements that are to be supported
by the
      CDNI protocols in the stated scope (aka &quot;within initial CDNI
      scope&quot; or &quot;beyond initial scope&quot;) unless the WG
realizes at a
      later stage that attempting to meet this requirement would
      compromise the overall WG schedule (for example it would involve
      complexities that would result in significantly delaying the
      deliverables).

   o  &quot;May&quot; indicates requirements that are to be supported by
the CDNI
      protocols in the stated scope (aka &quot;within initial CDNI
scope&quot; or
      &quot;beyond initial scope&quot;) provided that dedicating WG
resources to
      this work does not prevent addressing &quot;Should&quot; and
&quot;Must&quot;
      requirements and that attempting to meet this requirement would
      not compromise the overall WG schedule.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-0
2.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-02
.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt