Subject: [CDNi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 10:14:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Requirements
	Author(s)       : Kent Leung
                          Yiu Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-12-03

Abstract:
   Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) are frequently used for large-scale
   content delivery.  As a result, existing CDN providers are scaling up
   their infrastructure and many Network Service Providers (NSPs) are
   deploying their own CDNs.  There is a requirement for interconnecting
   standalone CDNs so that their collective CDN footprint can be
   leveraged for the end-to-end delivery of content from Content Service
   Providers (CSPs) to end users.  The Content Distribution Network
   Interconnection (CDNI) working group has been chartered to develop an
   interoperable and scalable solution for such CDN interconnection.

   The goal of the present document is to outline the requirements for
   the solution and interfaces to be specified by the CDNI working
   group.  This draft is a work in progress and requirements may be
   added, modified, or removed by the working group.

Requirements Language

   The key words "High Priority", "Medium Priority" and "Low Priority"
   in this document are to be interpreted in the following way:

   o  "High Priority" indicates requirements that are to be supported by
      the CDNI interfaces.  A requirement is stated as "High Priority"
      when it is established by the working group that it can be met
      without compromising the targeted schedule for WG deliverables, or
      when it is established that specifying a solution without meeting
      this requirement would not make sense and would justify re-
      adjusting the WG schedule, or both.  This is tagged as "[HIGH]".

   o  "Medium Priority" indicates requirements that are to be supported
      by the CDNI interfaces unless the WG realizes at a later stage
      that attempting to meet this requirement would compromise the
      overall WG schedule (for example it would involve complexities
      that would result in significantly delaying the deliverables).
      This is tagged as "[MED]".

   o  "Low Priority" indicates requirements that are to be supported by
      the CDNI interfaces provided that dedicating WG resources to this
      work does not prevent addressing "High Priority" and "Medium
      Priority" requirements and that attempting to meet this
      requirement would not compromise the overall WG schedule.  This is
      tagged as "[LOW]".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/