Subject: [CDNi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-logging-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 09:52:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : CDNI Logging Interface
	Author(s)       : Gilles Bertrand
                          Iuniana Oprescu
                          Francois Le Faucheur
                          Roy Peterkofsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cdni-logging-03.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2013-05-31

Abstract:
   This memo specifies the Logging interface between a downstream CDN
   (dCDN) and an upstream CDN (uCDN) that are interconnected as per the
   CDN Interconnection (CDNI) framework.  First, it describes a
   reference model for CDNI logging.  Then, it specifies the CDNI
   Logging File format and the actual protocol for exchange of CDNI
   Logging Files.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-logging

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cdni-logging-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cdni-logging-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 16:55:06 +0000

Folks,

Just posted a new version of cdni-logging that reflects the discussion from this weeks's informal meeting.
We'll continue discussion next Wed during the 2nd informal meeting on CDNI Logging.

Cheers

Francois

Begin forwarded message:

From: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [CDNi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-logging-03.txt
Date: 31 May 2013 18:52:34 CEST
To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
CDNi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cdni

---

From: "Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 16:56:23 +0000

On 31 May 2013, at 18:55, Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Folks,

BTW, Diff from previous version:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cdni-logging-03

Cheers

Francois

Begin forwarded message:

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
CDNi mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cdni

_______________________________________________
CDNi mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cdni

---

From: "ietfdbh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 13:29:10 -0400

Hi,

I saw this announcement and was curious about whether you were reusing
existing standards, so I took a quick look (not a thorough review). A couple
comments:

1) in section 2.2.1, there is text "may not keep more logs";
This is ambiguous - does this mean "MAY NOT keep more logs" or "might not
keep more logs"?

2) syslog and snmp are both traditionally UDP-based, and lack
transport-provided congestion control.
If you use syslog and/or snmp traps (as compared to Informs), there is
typically no application-level ack, something you might want especially for
accounting/billing purposes.
You might want to explicitly check the TLS variations for these, for
security and congestion control reasons.
You might want to explicitly check the syslog-sign standard, and SNMP
Informs, for their acknowledgement capabilities (although Inform only says
"I got it", without any guarantee that the content of the notification is
processed).

3) You might want to add ipfix, radius, and diameter to the list of
candidates. These might be suitable choices for some environments, possibly
with CDNI-specific extensions. Some discussion of radius/tacacs+, and snmp
has been done in rfc2975 - definitely dated material now, but it might
mention some things to consider. I do expect that the WG has far more
experience with these issues vis-à-vis CDNI than were common at the time of
rfc2975 ;-)

David Harrington
[email-masked]
+1-603-828-1401

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-logging-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt