Subject: [CDNi] CDNI Logging date & time

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 09:07:47 +0100

Colleagues,

draft-cdni-logging-02 section 3.2.1 specifies:

   o  date:

      *  format: <date>

      *  semantic: the date at which the processing of request started
         on the Surrogate.

      *  occurrence: there MUST be one and only one instance of this
         field.

   o  time:

      *  format: <time>

      *  semantic: the time at which the processing of request started
         on the Surrogate.

      *  occurrence: there MUST be one and only one instance of this
         field.

Can we make these the end date/time instead of the start date/time?

It makes the logs themselves a little easier to parse/read as the dates will be chronological rather than jumping over the place depending on start time/response size/etc. End date/time can still be calculated from start date/time+time-taken if it is required.

Thanks
Ben

---

From: "Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:42:56 +0000

> Can we make these the end date/time instead of the start date/time?

Done. This will also be consistent with ELF.  This was an editing mistake.

Francois

> _______________________________________________
> CDNi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cdni