Subject: [CDNi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:02:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Requirements
        Authors         : Kent Leung
                          Yiu Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-16.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-01-17

Abstract:
   Content delivery is frequently provided by specifically architected
   and provisioned Content Delivery Networks (CDNs).  As a result of
   significant growth in content delivered over IP networks, existing
   CDN providers are scaling up their infrastructure.  Many Network
   Service Providers and Enterprise Service Providers are also deploying
   their own CDNs.  To deliver contents from the Content Service
   Provider (CSP) to end users, the contents may traverse across
   multiple CDNs.  This creates a need for interconnecting (previously)
   standalone CDNs so that they can collectively act as a single
   delivery platform from the CSP to the end users.

   The goal of the present document is to outline the requirements for
   the solution and interfaces to be specified by the CDNI working
   group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Kent Leung (kleung)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:34:45 +0000

Hi. IESG review of this draft is almost complete. During the process, updates were made to the specification to address the review comments. Some key changes are noted below.

1. The terminology section was updated with text that clarified the prioritization of the requirements.

   o  "High Priority": When a requirement is tagged as "{HIGH}", it is
      considered by the working group as an essential function for CDNI
      and necessary to a deployable solution.  This requirement has to
      be met even if it causes a delay in the delivery by the working
      group of a deployable solution.

   o  "Medium Priority": When a requirement is tagged as "{MED}", it is
      considered by the working group as an important function for CDNI.
      This requirement has to be met, unless it is established that
      attempting to meet this requirement would cause a delay in the
      delivery by the working group of a deployable solution.

   o  "Low Priority": When a requirement is tagged as "{LOW}", it is
      considered by the working group as a useful function for CDNI.
      The working group will attempt to meet this requirement as long as
      it does not prevent meeting the "High Priority" and "Medium
      Priority" requirements and does not cause a delay in the delivery
      by the working group of a deployable solution.

2. These requirements were added:

   FCI-7  {HIGH} The CDNI Footprint & Capabilities Advertisement
          interface shall support extensible fields used to convey the
          CDN capabilities and methods to indicate the footprint in the
          advertisement from the Downstream CDN to the Upstream CDN.

   MI-22  {HIGH} The CDNI Metadata interface shall support extensible
          format for CDNI metadata delivery from the Upstream CDN to the
          Downstream CDN.

   LI-17  {MED} The CDNI Logging interface should provide privacy
          protection by not disclosing information that can be used to
          identify the user (e.g. method that anonymizes the IP address
          carried in the logging field).  The use of the privacy
          protection mechanism is optional.

3. The following requirement was removed because it overlapped with the next requirement (LI-15). This resulted in LI-15, LI-16, and LI-17 becoming LI-14, LI-15, and LI-16, respectively.

   LI-14  [HIGH] The CDNI Logging interface shall support extensibility
          to allow proprietary information fields to be carried.  These
          information fields shall be agreed upon ahead of time between
          the corresponding CDNs.

I'll assume the changes are fine unless someone raises objections. Thanks.

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: CDNi [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 11:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [CDNi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-16.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
CDNi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cdni