Subject: [CDNi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-metadata-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 10:45:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : CDN Interconnection Metadata
        Authors         : Ben Niven-Jenkins
                          Rob Murray
                          Matt Caulfield
                          Kevin J. Ma
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cdni-metadata-10.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The Content Delivery Networks Interconnection (CDNI) Metadata
   interface enables interconnected Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) to
   exchange content distribution metadata in order to enable content
   acquisition and delivery.  The CDNI metadata associated with a piece
   of content provides a downstream CDN with sufficient information for
   the downstream CDN to service content requests on behalf of an
   upstream CDN.  This document describes both a base set of CDNI
   metadata and the protocol for exchanging that metadata.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-metadata/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cdni-metadata-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cdni-metadata-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 21:11:16 +0100

Folks,

This update to the metadata document addresses some of the comments from the apps directorate review and to align the security section language on TLS with the wording in the other CDNI interface documents.

We’re still working on edits to address the apps directorate comments.

Ben
 
> On 6 Jul 2015, at 18:45, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> CDNi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cdni

---

From: "Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:11:45 +0000

Ben and all,

> On 6 Jul 2015, at 22:11, Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Folks,
> 

Good job. There is only one minor last alignment to incorporate:

OLD:
"
  o  The dCDN and uCDN to authenticate each other (to ensure they are
      transmitting/receiving CDNI Metadata requests & responses from an
      authenticated CDN).

   o  CDNI Metadata interface requests and responses to be transmitted
      with confidentiality.

   o  The integrity of the CDNI Metadata interface requests and
      responses to be protected during the exchange.
“
NEW:
"
  o  The dCDN and uCDN to authenticate each other 

 and, once they have mutually authenticated each other, it allows:

   o  the dCDN and uCDN to authorize each other (to ensure they are
      transmitting/receiving CDNI Metadata requests & responses to/from an authorized CDN)

   o  CDNI Metadata interface requests and responses to be transmitted
      with confidentiality.

   o  The integrity of the CDNI Metadata interface requests and
      responses to be protected during the exchange.
“

Please incorporate at your convenience in the next rev.

Thanks

Francois

---

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:15:26 +0100

Thank Francois, I’ve incorporated your edits into my working copy of -11 so they’ll be included when we publish a new rev. Ben

> On 21 Jul 2015, at 15:11, Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Ben and all,
>