Subject: [CDNi] Convey Access IP list to CSP

From: Phil Sorber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 20:39:15 +0000

I was looking for a way to tell a CSP which IP's will be accessing the
origin in such a way that they are alerted about added and removed nodes so
the CSP could set ACL's accordingly. I looked through the FCI spec and some
of the others but didn't not see anything that fit that requirement. Have I
just missed it?

Thanks.

---

From: Kevin Ma J <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 20:56:51 +0000

Hi Phil,

  Communication between the CSP and uCDN was deemed out-of-scope for CDNI, as it is not inter-CDN, per se.  There was discussion early on about using MI for CSP->uCDN configuration, but I don't recall discussing anything in the xCDN->CSP direction (except for trigger responses).  Within the charter, it probably falls under "In particular, the WG will not define: ... New protocols for ingestion of content or metadata between a CSP and a CDN."  It would probably need to be part of business agreements and configuration that are negotiated out-of-band?

thanx.

--  Kevin J. Ma

From: CDNi [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Phil Sorber
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [CDNi] Convey Access IP list to CSP

I was looking for a way to tell a CSP which IP's will be accessing the origin in such a way that they are alerted about added and removed nodes so the CSP could set ACL's accordingly. I looked through the FCI spec and some of the others but didn't not see anything that fit that requirement. Have I just missed it?

Thanks.