Subject: [CDNi] RFC 8006 on Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Metadata

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 18:11:30 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8006

        Title:      Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) 
                    Metadata 
        Author:     B. Niven-Jenkins, R. Murray,
                    M. Caulfield, K. Ma
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      66
        Characters: 126524
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cdni-metadata-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8006

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8006

The Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Metadata
interface enables interconnected Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) to
exchange content distribution metadata in order to enable content
acquisition and delivery.  The CDNI Metadata associated with a piece
of content provides a downstream CDN with sufficient information for
the downstream CDN to service content requests on behalf of an
upstream CDN.  This document describes both a base set of CDNI
Metadata and the protocol for exchanging that metadata.

This document is a product of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC