Subject: [CDNi] RFC 8007 on Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Control Interface / Triggers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 18:11:40 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8007

        Title:      Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) 
                    Control Interface / Triggers 
        Author:     R. Murray, 
                    B. Niven-Jenkins
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 90108
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8007

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8007

This document describes the part of the Content Delivery Network
Interconnection (CDNI) Control interface that allows a CDN to trigger
activity in an interconnected CDN that is configured to deliver
content on its behalf.  The upstream CDN can use this mechanism to
request that the downstream CDN pre-position metadata or content or
to request that it invalidate or purge metadata or content.  The
upstream CDN can monitor the status of activity that it has triggered
in the downstream CDN.

This document is a product of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC