Subject: [CDNi] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-07

From: Zitao Wang via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 01:19:19 -0700

Reviewer: Zitao Wang
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate’s ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary:
The Open Caching working group of the Streaming Video Alliance is focused on
the delegation of video delivery requests from commercial CDNs to a caching
layer at the ISP.  In that aspect, Open Caching is a specific use case of CDNI,
where the commercial CDN is the upstream CDN (uCDN) and the ISP caching layer
is the downstream CDN (dCDN). The extensions specified in this document to the
CDNI Metadata and FCI interfaces are derived from requirements raised by Open
Caching but are applicable to CDNI use cases in general.

Best Regards!
-Michael

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 17:25:28 +0000

Thank you Michael for the review. 

-Sanjay

-----Original Message-----
From: Zitao Wang via Datatracker [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [E] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-07

Reviewer: Zitao Wang
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate’s ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary:
The Open Caching working group of the Streaming Video Alliance is focused on the delegation of video delivery requests from commercial CDNs to a caching layer at the ISP.  In that aspect, Open Caching is a specific use case of CDNI, where the commercial CDN is the upstream CDN (uCDN) and the ISP caching layer is the downstream CDN (dCDN). The extensions specified in this document to the CDNI Metadata and FCI interfaces are derived from requirements raised by Open Caching but are applicable to CDNI use cases in general.

Best Regards!
-Michael