Subject: Re: [CDNi] IETF 111 Agenda

From: Andrew Ryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 15:25:38 -0400

Kevin,
(resending to cdni list)
   I would like to request a 10 minute block of time to go over the initial
draft of the SVA Capacity Insights interface which is heavily based on
extending CDNi FCI.  The goal of the Capacity Insights Interface is to
provide a mechanism for uCDNs to understand how much traffic to delegate
towards dCDNs via limits that would be advertised as capabilities through
FCI.   I look forward to any feedback you have on this topic.  Thank you
very much for your time

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 10:37 PM Kevin Ma <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   I hope everyone saw that the preliminary agenda for IETF 111 has been
> posted (https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/111/agenda.html).  CDNI is
> back on the agenda!  We are scheduled for Tuesday July 27, 2021 at 21:30
> UTC.
>
>   As a reminder, the ID cut-off is July 12th (
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/111/important-dates/).
>
>   Please get your IDs in and send Sanjay and I your agenda requests.
>
> thanx!
>
> --  Kevin J. Ma
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> CDNi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cdni
>

-- 
 <https://www.limelight.com>
Andrew Ryan* Principal Architect*
EXPERIENCE FIRST.
+1 716 250 9882 <+1+716+250+9882>
www.limelight.com
 <https://www.facebook.com/LimelightNetworks>[image:
LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/limelight-networks>[image:
Twitter] <https://twitter.com/llnw>

---

From: Nir Sopher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 18:35:27 +0300

Dear Kevin and Sanjay,
I would like to request 10 minute block time to discuss 2 I-Ds.
First the "triggers extensions 8007bis
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis/>"
I-D, integrating the "CDNI Control Triggers Interface Extensions"
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cdni-triggers-extensions-09>
I-D
(already unde IETF) into RFC 8007
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8007> and obsoleting it.
Second, the "footprint type extensions
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sopher-cdni-footprint-types-extensions>"
I-D, adding an ISO-3166-2 footprint type as well as a composite
footprint type.
Many thanks, and have a nice weekend,
Nir

---

From: Andrew Ryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 08:24:21 -0400

Kevin,
(resending to cdni list)
   I would like to request a 10 minute block of time to go over the initial
draft of the SVA Capacity Insights interface which is heavily based on
extending CDNi FCI.  The goal of the Capacity Insights Interface is to
provide a mechanism for uCDNs to understand how much traffic to delegate
towards dCDNs via limits that would be advertised as capabilities through
FCI.  Attached is a version 00 of the Draft, but it touches on the key
components of the proposal which should make for some good discussion.  I
look forward to any feedback you have on this topic.  Thank you very much
for your time

---

From: Kevin Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 23:30:50 -0400

Hi Nir,

  We have added both drafts to the agenda.  Please upload the 8007bis draft
update by the draft cutoff.

thanx!

--  Kevin J. Ma

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 11:35 AM Nir Sopher <[email-masked]> wrote:

> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cdni-triggers-extensions-09> I-D

---

From: Kevin Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 23:32:26 -0400

Hi Andrew,

  We have noted your agenda request.  Please upload the draft by the draft
cutoff.

thanx!

--  Kevin J. Ma

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 3:26 PM Andrew Ryan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Kevin,
> (resending to cdni list)
>    I would like to request a 10 minute block of time to go over the
> initial draft of the SVA Capacity Insights interface which is heavily based
> on extending CDNi FCI.  The goal of the Capacity Insights Interface is to

---

From: Andrew Ryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 16:43:20 -0400

Kevin,
  Thank you very much.  The initial draft has been submitted as
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ryan-cdni-capacity-insights-extensions/
.