Subject: [CDNi] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-cdni-uri-signing-24: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 01:21:44 -0800

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cdni-uri-signing-24: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-uri-signing/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Christer Holmberg for their General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) review
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/gen-art/ppG3onLlgjXu_hULqu3LVQPq0iY).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 1.2. , paragraph 3, nit:
> e way in the initial steps #1 and #2 but the later steps involve multiple CD
>                                     ^^^^
Use a comma before "but" if it connects two independent clauses (unless they
are closely connected and short).

Section 2. , paragraph 2, nit:
> gistry claim name is specified in parenthesis below) are used to enforce the
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you mean "in parentheses"? "parenthesis" is the singular.

Section 2.1. , paragraph 6, nit:
>  If the received signed JWT contains a Expiry Time claim, then any JWT subse
>                                      ^
Use "an" instead of "a" if the following word starts with a vowel sound, e.g.
"an article", "an hour".

Section 2.1.7. , paragraph 2, nit:
> rejected if sourced from a client outside of the specified IP range. Since th
>                                   ^^^^^^^^^^
This phrase is redundant. Consider using "outside".

Section 2.1.8. , paragraph 2, nit:
> , and mobile clients switching from WiFi to Cellular networks where the clie
>                                     ^^^^
Did you mean "Wi-Fi"? (This is the officially approved term by the Wi-Fi
Alliance.).

Section 2.1.15. , paragraph 4, nit:
> ed URIs would require to be valid for a at least 30 minutes, thereby reducing
>                                       ^
Use "an" instead of "a" if the following word starts with a vowel sound, e.g.
"an article", "an hour".

Section 2.1.15.2. , paragraph 6, nit:
> s generated, the model is not broken and the User Agent can successfully ret
>                                     ^^^^
Use a comma before "and" if it connects two independent clauses (unless they
are closely connected and short).

Section 3.3. , paragraph 2, nit:
> orm verification, regardless of whether or not the URI is signed. Type: Bool
>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Consider shortening this phrase to just "whether". It is correct though if you
mean "regardless of whether".

These URLs in the document can probably be converted to HTTPS:
 * http://www.iso.org/standard/65274.html
 * http://www.iana.org/assignments/jwt
 * http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/