Subject: Re: [Cellar] Standardizing FLAC

From: Reto Kromer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:25:23 +0200

Hello Cellar,

I also wish to refrain also this one from 2016-07-19:

Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:

>Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
>>I would be interrested in working on compression/algorithmic
>>improvments on FLAC or in designing a new higher compression rate
>>lossless audio codec, if CELLAR would be interrested in going that
>>direction ...
>
>To do that we would need to recharter the working group, as our 
>current charter is expressly to develop a formal specification 
>for the existing FLAC format to allow it to be used in archival 
>contexts where this is required.
>
>That is something we could try to do if people wanted to 
>(working groups get rechartered all the time). I am just 
>pointing out that it's out of scope of our current charter.

In my opinion, it would be indeed a good move to amend the chart.

Best regards, Reto