Subject: [Cellar] IETF current milestones: request for feedback

From: Tessa Fallon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 09:58:39 -0400

At the CELLAR meeting in July, it was decided that working group milestones
would need to be revised.   The current list is below.

Would those working on FFV1, EBML, and Matroska weigh in on the state of
the specifications and projected timelines for work to be completed?  I
note that the most recent changes to EBML were submitted on Sunday 9/11.
Where does this leave the document?

Much thanks,
Tessa

Date
Dec 2016 Submit specification for FLAC audio codec to IESG (Standards Track)
Sep 2016 Submit specification for FFV1 video codec version 4 to IESG
(Standards Track)
Jul 2016 Submit specification for Matroska container format version 4 to
IESG (Standards Track)
Jul 2016 Submit informational specification for FFV1 video codec versions
0, 1 and 3 to IESG for publication
Jun 2016 Submit specification for EBML to IESG (Standards Track)
Jun 2016 Submit informational specification for Matroska container format
versions 1, 2 and 3 to IESG for publication

---

From: Steve Lhomme <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 09:44:29 +0200

2016-09-13 15:58 GMT+02:00 Tessa Fallon <[email-masked]>:
> Would those working on FFV1, EBML, and Matroska weigh in on the state of the
> specifications and projected timelines for work to be completed?  I note
> that the most recent changes to EBML were submitted on Sunday 9/11.  Where
> does this leave the document?

It's an on-going effort. There are currently 16 issues opened on the
EBML specs alone:
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/issues

There are 5 on Matroska but that's because most of the effort has been
concentrated on EBML yet:
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/issues

There are way more elements to defined in Matroska, various
interactions between them and all kinds of loopholes that we need to
iron out.

> Jul 2016 Submit informational specification for FFV1 video codec versions 0,
> 1 and 3 to IESG for publication
> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar
>

-- 
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman