Subject: [Cellar] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cellar-ebml-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 20:44:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Codec Encoding for LossLess Archiving and Realtime transmission of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensible Binary Meta Language
        Authors         : Steve Lhomme <>
                          Dave Rice <>
                          Moritz Bunkus <>
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cellar-ebml-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2016-09-23

Abstract:
   This document defines the Extensible Binary Meta Language (EBML)
   format as a genearlized file format for any type of data in a
   hierarchical form.  EBML is designed as a binary equivalent to XML
   and utilizes a storage-efficient approach to building nested Elements
   with identifiers, lengths, and values.  Similar to how an XML Schema
   defines the structure and semantics of an XML Document, this document
   defines an EBML Schema to convey the semantics of an EBML Document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-ebml/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cellar-ebml-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Sebastian G. <bastik>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 20:04:53 +0200

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-cellar-ebml-00.txt

I think this date means that this is a recent document.

>    defines an EBML Schema to convey the semantics of an EBML Document.

However this abstract has been changed. [0]

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-ebml/

And this document, does not include the merged changes either.

For the 'lhomme' version I assumed it would have to be the case, because
it had to be submitted as it was. Now I wonder if the current document
shouldn't have been updated.

If it was supposed to be updated I am not aware of other changes that
have not been included, yet.

Best Regards,
Sebastian

[0]
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/75/commits/4d777b5ad1b40df2f235ed2db4f1468f6466d464

---

From: Dave Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:32:51 -0400

Hi Sebastian,

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 14:04, Sebastian G. <bastik> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

The content is not recent. This is a (late) attempt to follow Tim's suggestions here: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/cellar/uNTIzKdbFdBersnQ9BNwKl5tTNg.

> have not been included, yet.

A new version may be submitted. I suggest waiting until a few of the open pull requests are resolved.
Dave

> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar

---

From: "Sebastian G. <bastik>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 07:44:13 +0200

> The content is not recent. This is a (late) attempt to follow Tim's suggestions here: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/cellar/uNTIzKdbFdBersnQ9BNwKl5tTNg.

Now I understand that the contents of the document have not been updated.

> A new version may be submitted. I suggest waiting until a few of the open pull requests are resolved.

I am OK with that.

Best Regards,
Sebastian

p.s.: Just to have my understanding and my position on the list anyway,
as you say that responses are helpful.