Subject: Re: [Cellar] New thread: Work to be done on FLAC, call for volunteers

From: Reto Kromer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 09:36:58 +0200

Jerome Martinez wrote:

>I understand that some people may "hate" it (can we really
>hate a markup "language"?) but I argue that this is the
>language used by Wikipedia, that we have direct display in
>e.g. GitHub (e.g. FFV1 specs 
>https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/blob/master/ffv1.md ), that
>there is a standardization effort of Markdown (including
>IETF RFC 7764), and that LaTeX is known by less people than
>Markdown.

To not be misunderstood: I do *NOT* suggest to use LaTeX
here, because I don't think that would simplify the job.

Yes, Jérôme, I'm afraid, I do hate Markdown! In fact it
forces me to waste my time. This is my personal position
that I don't wish to impose to others. Therefore I do *NOT*
volunteer to lead the FLAC standardisation process, but - of
course! - I do volunteer to collaborate. And I'm also fine
to do so in Markdown.

Hope this helps! Reto

P.S. - The fact that many likes Markdown is not an argument
for me. If the majority decides, then we can stop working on
FFV1, because we are still a niche, a small minority in the
AV archival community.