Subject: Re: [Cellar] [FFV1] Adding Bayer support

From: Jerome Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:09:34 +0200

On 13/01/2018 13:09, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> about samples, please include both very sharp and more blurry (at pixel level)
> samples. These 2 should behave quite different compression wise with sparse
> sampling of colors. Also high noise and low noise content should be included
> high ISO low light would produce very noisy content, low ISO bright light
> should produce low noise.

About samples, I have some difficulties to get enough different samples 
(especially compatible with FFmpeg, some files I got are not readable as 
is by FFmpeg so effort would be more important than just updating FFmpeg 
on FFV1 side), and actually I now think that we should not change FFV1 
v3 (and below) much compared to other color_space (study of optimization 
would be done for v4, for both RGB and Bayer, in order to find common 
optimizations), so I changed of strategy and do very minimal additions 
to the bitstream, just what is needed for adding the green difference 
(replacing Alpha) to current RGB code.

I also have a running version of FFmpeg with FFV1 Bayer encoding and 
decoding.

Link to the updated PR + FFmpeg code:
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/pull/100#issuecomment-427775814

Jérôme