Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v37.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 11:06:30 +0200

Hey,

Due to two nasty bugs in v36 I'm releasing v37 sooner than
anticipated. This release fixes both of the bugs; see below for details.

There've been no changes regarding packaging since the previous
release.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 37.0.0 "Leave It" 2019-08-24

## New features and enhancements

* MKVToolNix GUI: the list of often used languages now contains those from
  Wikipedia's "List of languages by native speakers" by default. Also by
  default only those languages will be shown in the language drop-down boxes.

## Bug fixes

* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: fixed a bug in the "make destination file names
  unique" logic that caused an existing number-in-parenthesis at the end of
  the file base name to be removed in certain situations (e.g. when the first
  added file was named `m (3).mkv` and both `m (3) (1).mkv` and `m (3)
  (2).mkv` existed already, the GUI was suddenly use `m.mkv` instead of `m (3)
  (3).mkv`).
* MKVToolNix GUI: on Windows the GUI is built with a slightly older version of
  the Qt library again (5.12.4). The Qt version used in release v36.0.0,
  v5.13.0, lead to crashes when doing certain things such as selecting
  multiple tracks in the multiplexer. Fixes #2605 and #26008.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu