Subject: [Cellar] Agenda topics for our teleconference next week

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 11:05:52 -0500

Dear CELLAR,

Here's what's popping up for me as agenda topics for our September meeting.

   - draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-17 is on the IESG agenda for 9-24, but we
   should have most reviews and ballots by our meeting
   - Confirm no action required on https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8794/
   HTML5.2 reference
   - Matroska issues
   - FLAC issues

Does that seem right? Anything else I'm missing?

Best,

Spencer

---

From: hubblec4 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 20:32:18 +0200

Hi

Am 15.09.2020 um 18:05 schrieb Spencer Dawkins at IETF:
>   * draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-17 is on the IESG agenda for 9-24, but we
>   * Confirm no action required on
>     https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8794/ HTML5.2 reference
>   * Matroska issues
>   * FLAC issues
>

There are two new EBML PRs.

regards

Martin

>
> Best,
>
> Spencer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:09:50 -0400

> Does that seem right? Anything else I'm missing?

I think that's mostly it.

We are still getting regular questions about why v0,1,3 are not standards
track, why EBML is not in CBOR, etc.   I wonder if there is some charter or
abstract text that we should tweak to make this more obvious.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Florian Weimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 21:14:55 +0200

>    - FLAC issues

Is this in part of the issues that I've filed recently, about
perceived gaps in the specification?

I have some more items, but I wasn't sure if these comments were
useful.  (I'm not an experience audio codec implementer, so I'm hardly
the target audience for the specification.)

---

From: Jerome Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 21:24:47 +0200

> the target audience for the specification.) 

They are very useful, as we sometimes don't catch issues in spec when we 
are too much used with the spec/format and when decoder was written 
before the spec. your work on an alternate decoder based on the spec 
especially permits to know that the spec is not in sync with reality / 
reference decoder.
So please go ahead and open 1 issue ticket per issue you found, and 
we'll fix the spec. No ETA promised, but it will be handled.

For your information the same kind of work was done for FFV1, someone 
wrote a decoder based only on the spec and no knowledge of any other 
decoder, the corresponding presentation is at
https://mediaarea.net/Events/2019-12-05_NoTimeToWait4/13.%20Derek%20Buitenhuis%20-%20I%20Wrote%20an%20FFV1%20decoder%20in%20Go%20for%20Fun,%20What%20I%20learned%20going%20from%20Spec%20to%20Implementation/derek_nttw4_ffv1.pdf

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:04:42 -0500

Just to answer Florien's question - yes, exactly. I was looking at issues.

Thanks for helping (as Jerome said)!

Best,

Spencer

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:14:27 -0400

> the target audience for the specification.)

This kind of review is often really valuable.
Thank you!

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 08:53:04 -0500

Dear Cellar,

I've uploaded the agenda for Tuesday's meeting at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-interim-2020-cellar-11-cellar-01/
and made the corresponding commits in Github.

Please note that we're moving from Etherpad to CodiMD as of this meeting -
the new URL is included in the agenda, but it's here for your convenience:

Best,

Spencer

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 10:08:55 -0500

> the new URL is included in the agenda, but it's here for your convenience:

And by "here", I mean HERE.
https://codimd.ietf.org/notes-cellar-virtual?edit.

Note that you'll need to log into the IETF datatracker for this.

Best,

Spencer

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 11:44:29 -0400

> the new URL is included in the agenda, but it's here for your convenience:

I'll share the CodiMD.
Note that there are buttons at the top to see it:

1) just edit view.
2) just rendered view.
3) see edit/rendered view split left/right.
   (I wish it was top/bottom)

Many people miss the edit button.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [