Subject: [Cellar] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 19:28:19 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see this work finishing up.

I think it would be better if each figure were explained in the text (e.g.,
"..., as shown in Figure 9"), or if the figure numbers were dropped.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 10:32:01 -0400

> "..., as shown in Figure 9"), or if the figure numbers were dropped.

It was the topic of Tuesday's virtual interim.
I think that the section will get rewritten.

The notation takes a bit of getting used, but it is still a bit difficult.
It's obvious to people who already wrote code, but much less obvious to those
who are trying to write code.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 10:16:32 -0500

Top-posting to say that I've posted minutes from our interim meeting at
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim-2020-cellar-11/minutes/minutes-interim-2020-cellar-11-202009221900-00
.

Best,

Spencer