Subject: [certid] updated CertID spec

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:26:45 -0600

Jeff and I have been working to incorporate all feedback provided on
this list. The result is version -08 of the I-D:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-08

The diff from -07 is here:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-08.txt

Also, we will make a brief presentation about this spec during the SAAG
session at IETF 78 in Maastricht. We welcome your feedback on this list
or at the IETF meeting so that we can prepare this I-D for an IETF Last
Call as expeditiously as possible.

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:34:29 -0700

Thank you for the -08 update; it looks very good. It clears up a bunch of the comments I was about to make. :-) I still have one leftover question. The middle of Section 4.2 says:
   The client then orders the list in accordance with the following
   rules:
Then, in 4.3, it checks each reference in this ordered list until it (hopefully) finds a match. Given that it is going to do an exhaustive search, what is the purpose of ordering?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium