Subject: Re: [certid] Last Call: draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 15:36:03 -0700

hey folks,

We're getting feedback on the [email-masked] list wrt 
draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check.

In particular, there's a question about the requirement to order the list of 
reference identifiers in section "4.2. Constructing an Ordered List of 
Reference Identifiers" that would be good to have implementors (in particular) 
weigh in on.

i.e. is the ordering requirement strictly necessary protocol-wise?  Is it 
(only) perhaps an implementation hint?

thanks,

=JeffH

---

From: Shumon Huque <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:16:10 -0400

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 03:36:03PM -0700, =JeffH wrote:
> In particular, there's a question about the requirement to order the list 
> of reference identifiers in section "4.2. Constructing an Ordered List of 
> Reference Identifiers" that would be good to have implementors (in 
> particular) weigh in on.
> 

So, apart from the exchange Paul and I had on this topic on 
ietf@ietf, no-one else has expressed an opinion. So it looks
like we're going in the direction of removing the requirement.

-- 
Shumon Huque
University of Pennsylvania.