Subject: [Cfrg] Announcing: draft-moskowitz-eap-auth-model-00.txt

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:09:37 -0400

I want to bring to your attention the following ID.

I wrote this because I was faced with extensive confusion on authentication 
needs in discussions in the 802 community and realized that I did not know 
of and good architectual model for authentication.

I feel this paper is important in laying out the roles of different groups; 
who owns what for authentication services.

Your comments are needed!

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moskowitz-eap-auth-model-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:52:50 -0400
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: An Authentication Functional Layering Model
	Author(s)	: R. Moskowitz
	Filename	: draft-moskowitz-eap-auth-model-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-8-6

There is considerable confusion surrounding authentication styles
and the nature of the resulting trust.  This paper is an attempt to
develop categories of authentication methods and present examples of
each.  In so doing, it develops an Authentication Functional
Layering Model.  It will look at the components of authentication,
the flows, channels, algorithms, and entities.  The taxonomy
presented here is new; it has been created to facilitate discussion
and understanding.  Only two-party authentications are presented
here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-eap-auth-model-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moskowitz-eap-auth-model-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-eap-auth-model-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-eap-auth-model-00.txt>

Robert Moskowitz
ICSAlabs/A Division of TruSecure Corporation
Security Interest EMail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg