Subject: [Cfrg] Re: Cfrg mud-fight

From: "Shai Halevi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:24:28 -0400

> Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:02:57 -0400 (EDT)
> From: canetti <[email-masked]>
> [...]
> To the rest of the list: I feel quite ridicuous myself playing the
> "policeman" here, and I'm sure that David feels the same way. I'd love to
> get a feeling of what the list members feel regarding this issue: should
> there be limits on abusive language? what steps should be taken to
> enforce them?

Ran (and David),

Somehow I don't feel that a discussion about "what shall we do with a
drunken sailor" belongs on the list.

Most of us understand the need to maintain a non-violent atmosphere on the
list, so people can freely post their opinions without fear of being
attacked.
It is part of your job as list moderators to ensure it, and this medium of
a mailing list is not really suited for a discussion of the exact means.
(It is probably better to ask people to send you email in person.)

Regards,

-- Shai

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg