Subject: [Cfrg] expectations for security claims and guidance

From: David Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

Paul Hoffman writes:
>...for how long? If a proof disappears from the eprints.iacr.org site 
>before the CFRG and the ADs are finished with the document, clearly 
>that is a problem. [..]

In the history of the ePrint Archive, the only papers that have
disappeared are those that have been explicitly withdrawn by the authors.
I don't think we need to worry about this.

Anyway, I don't think we should formalize that eprint.iacr.org is the
only place where such proofs may appear.  I think the only condition is
that CFRG members must be able to read and judge the proof.  In other
words, I would argue that the only requirement should be that the paper
is accessible to all interested parties.  Conference publications,
journal papers, technical reports, eprint manuscripts, something hosted
on a web site -- personally, I'm comfortable with any of those.

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg