Subject: Re: [Cfrg] request for comments: ZSS Short Signature Scheme for SS and BN Curves

From: "Igoe, Kevin M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 16:44:16 +0000

I've read over these drafts and find them interesting.  They use the ZSS Short Signature proposed
by Zhang, Safavi-Naini and Susilo in 2004, so the basic system has survived 9 years of scrutiny.
It  utilizes the mathematics that underpins identity based encryption, along the lines explored by
Sakai and Kasahara.

Note: I am a connoisseur of paring based cryptography, but not an expert.   (A connoisseur can treat
such  esoterica as Weil reciprocity (which is where I got stuck) as being a miracle and move on, an
expert cannot. Being a connoisseur is far, far easier than being an expert.)

I believe this is worthy of consideration by the CFRG.  The underlying mathematics is based on deep
results by some of the greatest 20th century mathematicians, so we can safely take that as being sound.
 The devil, as always, is in the implementation details.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Laura Hitt
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 1:27 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Cfrg] request for comments: ZSS Short Signature Scheme for SS and BN Curves

<my apologies if this was sent twice, I saw strange behavior on my end, so thought I'd try again.>

I have recently submitted (as an Individual) two I-Ds and would greatly appreciate any comments you are able to offer.  They pertain to the ZSS short signature scheme from bilinear pairings on supersingular elliptic curves and on Barreto-Naerhig elliptic curves.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-zss-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-zssbn-00.txt

Thank you!
Laura Hitt