Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-ocb-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:37:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum Research Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The OCB Authenticated-Encryption Algorithm
        Authors         : Ted Krovetz
                          Phillip Rogaway
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-ocb-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-01-14

Abstract:
   This document specifies OCB, a shared-key blockcipher-based
   encryption scheme that provides confidentiality and authenticity for
   plaintexts and authenticity for associated data.  This document is a
   product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-ocb/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-ocb-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-ocb-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ted Krovetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:47:43 -0800

This submission updates the OCB draft to reflect Stephen Farrell's suggestions directed at the draft. (Thank you Stephen!)

- Changed all uses of the word "privacy" to "confidentiality".

- Changed sentence in the introduction from

  As with most modes of operation, security degrades in the
  square of the number of blocks of texts divided by two to the
  blocklength.

to

  As with most modes of operation, security degrades as the
  number of blocks processed gets large (see Section 5 for details).

Thank you,
Ted

On Jan 14, 2014, at 2:37 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Cfrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg