Subject: [Cfrg] Ed25519 draft? (was: Alternatives to rigidity?)

From: Alyssa Rowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 13:24:52 +0000

On 01/01/2015 03:01, Nico Williams wrote:

> EdDSA is quite convincing and has some convenient advantages over
> ECDSA. It'd be nice to see a complete treatment of it by CFRG.

Given the running code out there already using it, I wonder: would an
informational draft/RFC describing Ed25519 specifically be valuable?
(Or does the existing paper and code provide enough information?)

I note that we've touched on signature schemes, but seem to be nowhere
near any kind of consensus about recommendations, as Rich said. If not
a product of the RG, then an individual one?

- -- 
/akr

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:18:28 +0000

Hi Alyssa,

> a product of the RG, then an individual one?
CFRG chairs would like to reach decision on curves first. So from our 
point of view, not now. The answer might be different once the decision 
on curves is made.

Best Regards,
Alexey