Subject: Re: [Cfrg] Mishandling twist attacks

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 12:49:39 +0000

Hiya,

On 31/12/14 22:52, D. J. Bernstein wrote:
> I also don't see how people who actually _read_ my message would agree
> with the chairs' puzzling list of accusations (namely, that I'm making
> "personal attacks"; imputing "motives to other CFRG participants"; using
> "deliberately provocative language"; not taking a "professional" tone;
> crossing "the line of acceptable behavior"; etc.).

FWIW, I do agree with the chairs' evaluation of [1] and have sent Dan
offlist mail describing why. I'm just sending this so the archive shows
some support for the chairs on this, so I won't be following up on the
list. And at the same time Dan is definitely not the only one who has
needlessly crossed such lines on this topic.

S.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cfrg/current/msg05745.html

---

From: Adam Back <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 14:32:04 +0100

Dan Bernstein wrote:
> P.S. Happy new year, everybody! Let's try to get the whole Internet
> properly authenticated and encrypted in 2015.

Amen to that and I think the chairs comments were off-base also FWIW.

Few have contributed as much focussed and tightly argued technical
signal to this list than you have. It'd be kind of nice if microsoft
would be a little more responsive on list also so we dont have to have
analysis in absentia.

Adam