Subject: [Cfrg] ISE needs reviews or comments on draft-scott-mpin-00

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 12:20:16 +1300

Hi all:

Michael Scott has sent me this draft as an Independent Submission.
If you have a moment or two to take a look at it, comments on this
list would be helpful.  A few offers to review would be even better!

Please cc to [email-masked]

Cheers, Nevil (Independent Submissions Editor)

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                          Computer Science Department
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 19:07:23 -0500

This draft is inferior to the obvious solution of using a signature on
the challenge in that it involves the creation of a system key whose
compromise breaks everything. It's considerably less efficient in both
time and space, and if we are willing to use pairings a BBS signature
is even shorter. What's the benefit of using ID based cryptography
here?

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Nevil Brownlee
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Cfrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg

-- 
"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains".
--Rousseau.

---

From: "Grigory Marshalko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 20:01:46 +0000

This protocol is high level, it uses elliptic curves, pairings. Shouldn't it have references to RFCs, say 5091, with explicit descriptions of these primitives insead of standalone publications?
 
Regards,
Grigory Marshalko,
expert,
Technical committee for standardisation "Cryptography and security mechanisms" (ТC 26)
www.tc26.ru