Subject: Re: [Cfrg] CFRG meeting at Eurocrypt

From: "Paterson, Kenny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 18:47:57 +0000

Dear CFRG,

So far, we have had no proposals for agenda items for CFRG@eurocrypt. Of
course, the chairs can give a short document status update, but it might
be nice to have something more interesting and contentful than that,
especially as we may have many attendees who do not usually go to CFRG
meetings but are curious to see what is going on.

So: if you are coming to Eurocrypt and staying on for Thursday afternoon,
and would like to give a short presentation on a current "live" CFRG
issue, or on a topic you think *should* be live, please contact me asap.
Possible topics might include:

-- PAKEs
-- Password hashing/Argon2
-- ECC - are we done yet?
-- What should CFRG do in the post-quantum space?
-- Crypto in TLS 1.3 - is it secure?
-- AES-GCM-SIV (and beyond)

If there's no interest, then we will, regrettably, cancel this meeting.
(But not abandon the idea of future co-location with relevant conferences.)

Thanks,

Kenny 

On 22/04/2016 15:52, "Paterson, Kenny" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Dear CFRG,
>
>We will hold a meeting of CFRG in conjunction with the Eurocrypt
>conference on Thursday May 12th.
>
>The meeting will commence at 1.30pm local time. It will take place in the
>Saulenhalle, Aula der Wissenschaften, Wollzeile 27a, A-1010 Wien (Vienna).
>The meeting will end by 3.30pm local time. We do NOT expect to have remote
>participation facilities.
>
>It is not necessary to register for Eurocrypt in order to attend this CFRG
>meeting. But for those people who are considering doubling up, please note
>that the early registration rate deadline for Eurocrypt is this Sunday,
>April 24th.
>
>Please send proposals for agenda items to the chairs.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kenny (for the chairs)
>
>