Subject: [Cfrg] RFC 8032 on Edwards-Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:47:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8032

        Title:      Edwards-Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA) 
        Author:     S. Josefsson, I. Liusvaara
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      60
        Characters: 103210
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-cfrg-eddsa-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8032

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8032

This document describes elliptic curve signature scheme Edwards-curve
Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA).  The algorithm is instantiated
with recommended parameters for the edwards25519 and edwards448
curves.  An example implementation and test vectors are provided.

This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.  To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Tony Arcieri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:57:26 -0800

Happy to finally see this published! Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

-- 
Tony Arcieri

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 01:21:15 +0000

I'd just like to say thanks to all - authors, chairs,
commenters and all others on this list and off (active,
retired or otherwise;-) who contributed to CFRG documenting
and reviewing elliptic curves that IMO demonstrate that
the combination of academic cryptography and open-review
rough-consensus processes can do as well or better than
other sources of crypto.

And I really hope that CFG continue to be as or more
effective - this does seem to me to be the right way
to introduce and criticise new crypto for the Internet
community.

S.

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 02:03:41 +0000

> to introduce and criticise new crypto for the Internet

I'd like to echo this. This work is certainly amongst the largest concrete contributions the IRTF has made to the open standards process. Thank you all!

Lars