Subject: [Cfrg] CFRG NOT meeting at IETF 98/interim meeting in Paris, April 30th

From: "Paterson, Kenny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 14:32:49 +0000

Dear CFRG,

We will not be meeting at IETF 98 in Chicago. Please accept my apologies
if you had planned a trip specifically around CFRG.

Our next meeting will be an interim one, just before Eurocrypt 2017 in
Paris, on Sunday 30th April.

If you are planning to attend Eurocrypt and/or other of the associated
workshops (of which there are many, see:
https://eurocrypt2017.di.ens.fr/acceptedEvents.html) then you will need to
register through the Eurocrypt website, as there is a small event and
catering fee for the workshops.

However if you are ONLY planning to attend the CFRG meeting, then good
news: I've negotiated with the Eurocrypt organisation team that it will
NOT be necessary to pay the workshop registration fee. However, in this
instance it will be important to let me know, off-list, that you are
planning to attend, so that the organisers can track how many people to
expect in the CFRG meeting. Please just drop me an e-mail if you're in
this position.

The exact timing of the CFRG meeting is not yet finalised, and I hope to
have that information for you soon. But why not come along for the whole
day or weekend of workshops? There's one on TLS 1.3, another on
Quantum-safe Crypto, a workshop on random number generation, and even
cataCrypt: "catastrophic events related to Cryptography and security with
their possible solutions". Looks like a fun weekend - at least for some
definition of "fun"!

Regards,

Kenny