Subject: [Cfrg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-harkins-pkex-05.txt

From: Dan Harkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 16:45:14 -0800

Hello,

   I've updated the PKEX draft based on comments received from a security
review. There was a little uptick in interest in this document coming out
of Singapore and I would still like it to be adopted as a RG work item.
This draft addresses one of the PAKE applications from RFC 8125, so this
is in CFRG's bailiwick.

   To remind everyone (and avoid more "what is PKEX?" emails) this draft
describes a way to gain trust in a "raw" public key and bind that key
to an identity. This fills the gap in some key agreement schemes that
use "raw" public keys but always say they are exchange in a manner outside
the scope of the document.

   Please take a look, and send comments.

   regards,

   Dan.

-------- Forwarded Message --------

A new version of I-D, draft-harkins-pkex-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Dan Harkins and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-harkins-pkex
Revision:	05
Title:		Public Key Exchange
Document date:	2018-01-24
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		32
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harkins-pkex-05.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-pkex/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-harkins-pkex-05
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-harkins-pkex-05
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-harkins-pkex-05

Abstract:
    This memo describes a password-authenticated protocol to allow two
    devices to exchange "raw" (uncertified) public keys and establish
    trust that the keys belong to their respective identities.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat