Subject: [CGA-EXT] adoption of draft-daley-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt ?

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:30:18 +0200

Hi,

We would like to ask the WG if you think this draft should be adopted as 
the WG document for the deliverable:

Aug 2008          WG last-call on Proxy-SeND problem statement

Please send comments till the 11 of july.

Regards, marcelo

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

    Title           : Securing Neighbour Discovery Proxy Problem Statement
    Author(s)       : G. Daley, J. Combes
    Filename        : draft-daley-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt
    Pages           : 25
    Date            : 2008-05-28

Neighbour Discovery Proxy is used to provide an address presence on a
link from nodes which are no themselves present.  It allows a node to
receive packets directed at its address by allowing another device to
neighbour advertise on its behalf.

Neighbour Discovery Proxy is used in Mobile IPv6 and related
protocols to provide reachability from nodes on the home network when
a Mobile Node is not at home, by allowing the Home Agent to act as
proxy.  It is also used as a mechanism to allow a global prefix to
span multiple links, where proxies act as relays for neighbour
discovery messages.
Neighbour Discovery Proxy currently cannot be secured using SEND.
Today, SEND assumes that a node advertising an address is the address
owner and in possession of appropriate public and private keys for
that node.  This document describes how existing practice for proxy
Neighbour Discovery relates to Secured Neighbour Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
_______________________________________________
CGA-EXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cga-ext

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:03:43 +0200

Hi Marcelo,

I support adoption of this draft as WG item.

--julien

On Thursday 26 June 2008, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to ask the WG if you think this draft should be adopted
> as the WG document for the deliverable:
>
>     Title           : Securing Neighbour Discovery Proxy Problem
> Statement Author(s)       : G. Daley, J. Combes