Subject: [CGA-EXT] new draft, comments welcome!

From: "Frank Xia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:19:27 -0500

Hi folks

we have submitted the draft "
Distributing a Symmetric Neighbor Discovery Key Using SEND"
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-csi-symmetric-key-00.txt

Abstract
   In this document, a method for provisioning a shared key from the
   router to the host is defined to protect Neighbor Discovery(ND)
   signaling between the router and the host.  The host sends a Router
   Solicitation(RS) message with ND Shared Key Request Option to the
   router.  The router encrypts a ND shared key using the host's SEcure
   Neighbor Discovery(SEND) public key and sends it back to the host
   through a Router Advertisement(RA) message.  The host decrypts the ND
   shared key using the matching private key.  The Neighbor Discovery
   shared key is then used for protecting the following Neighbor
   Discovery signaling between the router and the host.  The Router
   Solicitation and Router Advertisement message exchanges are required
   to have SEND security.

Comments welcome!

BR
Frank

_______________________________________________
CGA-EXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cga-ext