Subject: [CGA-EXT] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt]

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:41:18 +0200

Hi,

we have this first version of the WG document.
We would like to receive some feedback on this one especially if people 
think this is ready for WGLC

Regards, marcelo

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: 	I-D Action:draft-ietf-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt
Fecha: 	Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
De: 	[email-masked]
Responder a: 	[email-masked]
Para: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Securing Neighbor Discovery Proxy Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : G. Daley, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2008-10-20

Neighbor Discovery Proxy is used to provide an address presence on a
link from nodes which are no themselves present.  It allows a node to
receive packets directed at its address by allowing another device to
Neighbor advertise on its behalf.

Neighbor Discovery Proxy is used in Mobile IPv6 and related protocols
to provide reachability from nodes on the home network when a Mobile
Node is not at home, by allowing the Home Agent to act as proxy.  It
is also used as a mechanism to allow a global prefix to span multiple
links, where proxies act as relays for Neighbor discovery messages.

Neighbor Discovery Proxy currently cannot be secured using SEND.
Today, SEND assumes that a node advertising an address is the address
owner and in possession of appropriate public and private keys for
that node.  This document describes how existing practice for proxy
Neighbor Discovery relates to Secured Neighbor Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
CGA-EXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cga-ext