Subject: [CGA-EXT] draft-cheneau-cga-pk-agility-00

From: Ana Kukec <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:01:11 +0100

Hi,

I have a comment about the paragraph below (Section 3):

   The resulting CGA Parameters data structure is inserted into a CGA
   option as per [RFC3971].  When sending a NDP packet, the node
   includes this CGA option and also one signature option of choice,
   computed with a private key whose corresponding Public Key is present
   in the CGA Parameters data structure.  This signature option can be
   the RSA signature option as per [RFC3971], or another signature
   option, e.g. the ECC signature option as per [ID-csi-ecc], or any
   other signature defined.  The signature option contains the hash of
   the key used to sign the message.

It might be useful to clarify the format of the signature option, or put the
reference to the section 4 of draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility-00, or use
exactly the same terminology as in draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility-00..

Ana

---

From: Sean Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:16:53 +0800

Hi, Ana,
Thank you for your comments.   

>It might be useful to clarify the format of the signature 
>option, or put the reference to the section 4 of 
>draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility-00, or use exactly the same 
>terminology as in draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility-00..

We gave reference to rsa signature [RFC3971] and ecdsa signature
[ID-csi-ecc]. It's helpful to also refer to
draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility-00 as you said. When the two drafts are
developed in paralell, we couldn't give enough reference in between the two
document because the chapters in both are not stable yet. We will add more
reference in similar cases to let the both draft help each other..    

Best,

Sean