Subject: [CGA-EXT] draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-03

From: Ana Kukec <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:08:14 +0100

Hi all,

We have submitted a new version of draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat:

Filename:	 draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat
Revision:	 03
Title:		 SeND Hash Threat Analysis
Creation_date:	 2009-03-09
WG ID:		 csi
Number_of_pages: 14

Abstract:
This document analysis the use of hashes in SeND, possible threats
and the impact of recent attacks on hash functions used by SeND.
Current SeND specification [rfc3971] uses the SHA-1 [sha-1] hash
algorithm and PKIX certificates [rfc5280] and does not provide
support for the hash algorithm agility.  The purpose of the document
is to provide analysis of possible hash threats and to decide how to
encode the hash agility support in SeND.

Comments appreciated, especially about the solution space, i.e. the 
section 4.

Ana