Subject: [CHANNEL-BINDING] registration for channel binding unique prefix "tls-server-end-point"

From: Larry Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:44:01 -0700

Subject: Registration of TLS server end-point channel bindings
Channel binding unique prefix: tls-server-end-point
Channel binding type: end-point
Channel type: TLS
Published specification: none
Channel binding is secret: no
Description: The hash of the TLS server's end entity certificate as it
        appears, octet for octet, in the server's Certificate message
        (note that the Certificate message contains a certificate_list,
        the first element of which is the server's end entity
        certificate.  The hash function to be used is as follows: if the
        certificate's signature hash algorithm is either MD5 or SHA-1,
        then use SHA-256, otherwise use the certificate's signature hash
        algorithm.
        The reason for using a hash of the certificate is that some
        implementations need to track the channel binding of a TLS
        session in kernel-mode memory, which is often at a premium.
Intended usage: COMMON
Person and email address to contact for further information:
        Larry Zhu([email-masked])
Owner/Change controller name and email address:
        Larry Zhu([email-masked])
Expert reviewer name and contact information: Nicolas Williams
        ([email-masked])
Note: This registration was initially authored by Nicolas Williams
        ([email-masked]).
_______________________________________________
CHANNEL-BINDING mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/channel-binding