Subject: [clue] Capture Scene and system description

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:13:17 +0300

Hi,

The way I read the framework is that it assumes one model of a generic
endpoint described by the cameras having a left to right spatial relation.

My view from the charter is that the description should also address the
displays and camera positions which are not the same for all endpoint.
Cameras can be centrally located or on top of each screen. The screen may be
very close to one other or at some distance from one others. All this
information is relevant of you want to convey the "being there" experience
which is why we chartered this endpoint and not to achieve just a simple
multi-stream connection.

>From the charter:

This working group is chartered to specify the following information

  about media streams from one entity to another entity:

  * Spatial relationships of cameras, displays, microphones, and

    loudspeakers - relative to each other and to likely positions of

    participants

  * Viewpoint, field of view/capture for

    camera/microphone/display/loudspeaker - so that senders and

    intermediate devices can understand how best to compose streams for

    receivers, and the receiver will know the characteristics of its

    received streams

I think that the current base model does not address this two bullets from
the charter. 

My preference is to define the "Capture Scene" so it will have parameters
that will enable the advertisement of the camera positions and the number of
displays and their relative position.

As for the camera viewpoint I think this is being discussed in a separate
thread on the layout and I will address my comments there.

BR

Roni Even

---

From: "Brian Baldino (bbaldino)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:21:34 -0700

Hey Roni,

I agree that the current description of the framework doesn't provide a
mechanism to describe the concepts you mentioned; we plan on adding
support for them and the mechanisms for doing so will be added to the
framework soon.  Once we take our best shot at them we can make sure
they cover the use cases you described.

-Brian

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Roni Even
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 3:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [clue] Capture Scene and system description

Hi,

The way I read the framework is that it assumes one model of a generic
endpoint described by the cameras having a left to right spatial
relation.

My view from the charter is that the description should also address the
displays and camera positions which are not the same for all endpoint.
Cameras can be centrally located or on top of each screen. The screen
may be very close to one other or at some distance from one others. All
this information is relevant of you want to convey the "being there"
experience which is why we chartered this endpoint and not to achieve
just a simple multi-stream connection.

>From the charter:

This working group is chartered to specify the follo wing inf
class=MsoNormal>  about media streams from one entity to another entity:

    participants

    received streams

I think that the current base model does not address this two bullets
from the charter. 

My preference is to define the "Capture Scene" so it will have
parameters that will enable the advertisement of the camera positions
and the number of displays and their relative position.

As for the camera viewpoint I think this is being discussed in a
separate thread on the layout and I will address my comments there.

BR

Roni Even