Subject: [clue] Doodle: Link for poll "CLUE WG F2F Interim"

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:45:45 -0500

Hi folks,

We are considering holding a face to face for CLUE in order to progress the
framework. In speaking to some of the primary authors, October 11th and 12th
(1.5 days) looks like it might work.  The plan is to host the meeting in
Boston (ideally at the Polycom Andover site, but we'll need to work out the
logistics).  However, we first need an idea of how many people could attend
a f2f.
http://doodle.com/h3ahqn9ht96m839k

We would also have a Webex session.  If you are not able to attend a f2f but
would participate via Webex, please include a comment indicating such.

In order to plan, we would like responses no later than Monday, Sept. 5th at
5pm Pacific.

We will do a separate doodle poll for a virtual interim if we don't get
enough folks able to attend a f2f.

Thanks,
Mary
CLUE WG co-chair

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:37:42 +0300

Mary,

What is the plan for the framework document. Are we going to discuss the
framework  in the f2f based on a WG document or an individual draft.  

If it will be based on the individual draft how are we going to decide on
changes to the current text?

Roni

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mary
Barnes
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:46 AM
To: CLUE
Subject: [clue] Doodle: Link for poll "CLUE WG F2F Interim"

Hi folks,

Thanks,

Mary

CLUE WG co-chair

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:07:16 -0500

Roni,

At this time, as you note, the framework document is an individual document.
 We could take a hum vote on the list as to whether to accept this as a WG
document after the next version is submitted since it will have material
that was discussed at IETF-81 that wasn't in the original document.
Certainly, with only one document on the table at this time for the
framework WG milestone, it would not be unreasonable to do so.

If the document is still an individual document at the time of the interim
meeting, then the authors do have much more liberty in terms of the changes
made to the document.  However, I do not believe it behooves to authors to
not make changes based on WG feedback.

One thing I should clarify is that the focus of the interim is on the
working group deliverable for a framework. While there is only one framework
document at the table at this time, there is nothing that precludes other
individuals from submitting documents for discussion and requesting agenda
time.    The agenda will be finalized based on the current status of
discussions on the mailing list.  There has been some really good discussion
on the current individual framework document, so hopefully that will allow
the authors to understand where their are gaps and potential issues in the
current proposed framework.

Regards,
Mary.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Roni Even <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Mary,****
> framework  in the f2f based on a WG document or an individual draft.  ****
>
> changes to the current text?****
>
> ** **
>
> Roni****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of
> *Mary Barnes
> *Sent:* Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:46 AM
> *To:* CLUE
> *Subject:* [clue] Doodle: Link for poll "CLUE WG F2F Interim"****
>
> ** **
>
> Hi folks,****
>
> ** **
>
> a f2f.  ****
> We would also have a Webex session.  If you are not able to attend a f2f
> but would participate via Webex, please include a comment indicating such.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> In order to plan, we would like responses no later than Monday, Sept. 5th
> at 5pm Pacific.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> enough folks able to attend a f2f.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****
>
> Mary****
>
> CLUE WG co-chair****
>
> ** **
>