Subject: [clue] A second set of notes from today's interim meeting

From: "Allyn Romanow (allyn)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:35:15 -0700

CLUE Interim Aug. 23 2011 

Notes taken by Allyn Romanow

Beginning 9:30 am, meeting started at 9:00

Roni-  observation that consumer capability description is different
than media capture and not currently covered in the draft. Needs to be
put into draft and made explicit.

Andy go over his slides

Brian Examples

Illustrative rather than real world examples

Single camera, single mic

3 camera endpoint

When captures in a row, there is a "left of" implied

In capture set, if  there are 2 rows, it means 2 different view of the
scene 

For example, vc0, vc1, vc2 and VC3 the "switched" view

Consumer can choose whatever rows  wanted

Suppose a 2 screen endpoint - what would it choose since neither is
perfect? Up to the implementer of the endpoint

MCU providing for multiple endpoints. Can receive all the captures, or
not.

Presentation. New capture scene. A second, and therefore orthogonal
capture set. 

Question - about capture set.

Answer - simultaneous transmission set describes non-overlapping uses of
camera

Capture set does not convey info about simultaneity- that is in a
simultaneity list. Means equivalent views of the same scene.

Andy- a capture set is a set of equivalent information. To get all the
info, consumer gets a set of streams from each capture set.

Jonathan L. we need to have model of MCU as consumer and as producer.
Wants an example of each.  

Stephan W. Left as notetaker

Discussion of how it is handled if there are 300 endpoints-- don't want
each consumer to have 300 views.  MCU will have some way of deciding
which streams to offer.

Allyn- isn't this covered by fact that provider can offer whatever it
wants and receiver can choose what it wants? 

Jonathan, just trying to see if this model works 

Maybe he will provide scenario that can use for an example

Paul K-   What does"mixed"means. Wants a more precise determination so
provider and consumer can know when to use. Andy- we don't want to
choose algorithms. 

Roni- it will be a problem for the MCU to be able to change its
advertisements. Andy- yes perfectly valid to send as many of each type
of message as things change. MCU does have to provide what each want,
whether or not capabilities change. 

Roni- what is expected from the provider to send as capture
advertisement? What he can do, or what he gets from the receiver? What
he can do.

Paul C- what is a hint? It is a confusing designation. Allyn- we can
change it.

Action - update the document. Using discussion on the mailing list. 

Roni, see his email written this morning. 

Mary- go thru the use cases and updated framework and see where you see
use cases.

John Elwell- Roni put examples on the list about what he thinks should
be in and out of scope.

Roni is waiting to see what the consumer capabilities are, then he can
suggest use cases.

Mark - Roni, didn't think the missing issues are related to use cases?
Mark thought it was. Some of us having trouble understanding what Roni
thinks the missing things are without seeing use cases. 

Roni - today systems know the details of the other side, so can provide
a picture

Charles - discussion of the audio model and how it handles true stereo
vs faux stereo

Paul - linear array and stereo, what's the difference?

Mark- there is a case where they are the same, but there are other cases
where it is different. Can have a linear array where both are in the
center. 

Jonathan - stereo in one RTP stream.

No more discussion?

Mary - Agree to have another interim before the November meeting.