Subject: [clue] some comments on draft-ietf-clue-framework-01

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 02:54:28 -0800

Overall, I think the draft looks good. Here are a few comments.

Section 5.4. Capture Sets, reads, 

   A media consumer could choose one row of each media type (e.g., audio
   and video) from a capture set.  For example a three stream consumer
   could choose the first video row plus the audio row, while a single
   stream consumer could choose the second or third video row plus the
   audio row.  An MCU consumer might choose to receive multiple rows.

I believe the intention is to have the consumer be allowed to choose
some number or "rows" of each media types. There may be some
restrictions due to the simultaneous transmissions sets, but in general
the consumer may choose any number of "rows", including zero.

How about the following suggested rewording,

   A media consumer may choose a number of rows of each media type
(e.g., audio
   and video) from a capture set.  For example, a three stream consumer
   might choose the first video row plus the audio row, while a single
   stream consumer might choose the second or third video row plus the
   audio row. An MCU consumer might choose to multiple video rows plus
   the audio row.

Section 5.5. Attributes of Capture Sets.

I agree with Paul, it seems more appropriate to define "purpose" as a
capture set attribute than as a media capture attribute.

Section 5.5.1. Area of Scene

How would this work for the example provided,

   o  (VC0, VC1, VC2) - camera-left video capture, center video capture,
      camera-right video capture

   o  (VC3) - capture associated with loudest

   o  (VC4) - zoomed out view of all people in the room

   o  (AC0) - main audio

Is it intended to have the area of scene for VC3 and VC4 be the same? I
am thinking that a consumer might want both VC3 and VC4, but if they
both provide the same area of scene, then how would a consumer figure
out the relationship and correlation of one to the other? Would the
areas of capture of VC3 change over time, always being some subset of
the area of capture of VC4? It is not yet clear to me how the produce
describes the relationship of V3 and V4 to the consumer such that the
consumer can make an educated choice.

Cheers,
Charles