Subject: [clue] Requirements open issue 4 - dynamic attribute values

From: "Allyn Romanow (allyn)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:21:28 -0800

Folks, 

Open issue 4 reads

OPEN-4 Need to capture requirement that attributes can change at any
time during the call.

Here is a proposal to add to the document a new requirement stating,

REQMT-16: The solution must support a means for allowing  information
about media captures to change during a conference. 

Comments?

Thanks,

Stephen and Allyn

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:13:01 -0800

Hi Allyn,

One problem is that we currently have no formal definition for media
captures. What if we were instead to add:

REQMT-16: The solution must support a means for allowing information
about endpoint characteristics, stream characteristics, and/or source
selection policies to change during a conference.

Cheers,
Charles

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Allyn Romanow (allyn)
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:21 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Botzko, Stephen
> Subject: [clue] Requirements open issue 4 - dynamic attribute values
> 
> Folks,
> 
> Open issue 4 reads
> 
time during the call.
> REQMT-16: The solution must support a means for allowing  information
about media captures to change
> during a conference.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 17:14:18 -0500

> about media captures to change during a conference.

Seems ok for the most part, but it also applies to p2p calls, not just 
conferences. You could substitute "telepresence session" for 
"conference". (Please don't just use "session" given all the mess going 
on in dispatch right now.)

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:47:40 +1100

Hello Stephen and Allyn,

In the framework we have attributes at a scene level and a media level 
so perhaps this should be reworded?

REQMT-16: The solution must support a means for allowing scene and/or 
media information to change during a conference.

Regards, Christian

On 10/11/2011 7:21 AM, Allyn Romanow (allyn) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

---

From: "Duckworth, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:21:11 -0800

The definition for Media Capture is in both the definitions document and the framework document.
  Media Capture: a source of Media, such as from one or more
  Capture Devices. A Media Capture (MC) may be the source of one
  or more Media streams. A Media Capture may also be constructed
  from other Media streams. A middle box can express Media
  Captures that it constructs from Media streams it receives.

It should be fine to use the same term in the requirements document.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Charles Eckel (eckelcu)
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 4:13 PM
To: Allyn Romanow (allyn); [email-masked]
Cc: Botzko, Stephen
Subject: Re: [clue] Requirements open issue 4 - dynamic attribute values

Hi Allyn,

One problem is that we currently have no formal definition for media captures. What if we were instead to add:

REQMT-16: The solution must support a means for allowing information about endpoint characteristics, stream characteristics, and/or source selection policies to change during a conference.

Cheers,
Charles

Of Allyn Romanow (allyn)
time during the call.

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:51:21 -0800

Ah, I see, the definition for media capture was added in
draft-wenger-clue-definitions-02. The requirements document currently
references draft-wenger-clue-definitions-01. Updating the reference
would resolve the missing definition issue.
However, I think there is another issue. Media captures are provided by
the producer, and we agree they need to be able to change mid call. The
new requirement, as stated, covers that. But what about the consumer
changing its selection mid call of the previously advertised media
captures? I think we should allow for this choice to change independent
of any change in the media captures.

Cheers,
Charles

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Duckworth, Mark
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:21 PM
> To: [email-masked]
Of Charles Eckel (eckelcu)
> One problem is that we currently have no formal definition for media
captures. What if we were instead
> to add:
about endpoint characteristics,
> stream characteristics, and/or source selection policies to change
during a conference.

---

From: "Allyn Romanow (allyn)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:16:26 -0800

Hi Charles,

We could go in this direction, but I feel that it takes the proposed
solution and then writes the requirements to match.
The consumer changing his selection mid call is part of the solution.
I think that the proposal is sufficiently general so you can construe
"information about media captures" to refer to a consumer changing his
choices. Does it not seem so to you?

Best,
Allyn

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Charles Eckel (eckelcu)
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:51 PM
> To: Duckworth, Mark; [email-masked]

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:05:31 -0800

Hi Allyn,

The definition of media capture is source oriented, and that led to my
concern that we were missing the receiving side by using the term media
capture in the requirement. However, having reread the rest of the
requirements, I see they are all written that way. The receiving side of
things is implied. The new requirement is consistent with this approach,
and I can live with it.

Cheers,
Charles

> From: Allyn Romanow (allyn)
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:16 PM
> To: Charles Eckel (eckelcu); Duckworth, Mark; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [clue] Requirements open issue 4 - dynamic attribute
values
> We could go in this direction, but I feel that it takes the proposed
solution and then writes the
> requirements to match.
"information about media
> captures" to refer to a consumer changing his choices. Does it not
seem so to you?
Of
> > > The definition for Media Capture is in both the definitions
document
> > and the framework document.