Subject: [clue] Requirements open issues 5 and 6-- three dimensions and multi-view

From: "Allyn Romanow (allyn)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:17:47 -0800

Hi Folks,

Steve and I would like to propose how to handle the open issues that are
not waiting for more resolution. 

Two of them are covered in this email, and another in a separate email.

 

>From the draft OPEN-5: Need to add requirement for three dimensions in
the right place

We feel there are 2 parts to this - identifying the origin and
identifying what we have been calling the area. The authors propose to
add to the doc

REQMT-1d: The solution MUST support a means to identify the extent of
individual video captures in three dimensions

REQMT-2e: The solution MUST support a means to identify the extent of
individual audio captures in three dimensions.

OPEN-5: Need to identify the origin of each capture is not identified as
a requirement. The authors propose

REQMT-1c: The solution MUST support a means to identify the point of
origin of individual video captures in three dimensions

REQMT-2d: The solution MUST support a means to identify the point of
origin of individual audio captures in three dimensions.

There is also

OPEN-6 Multi-view, is there a requirement needed?

Stephen and Roni in their email discussion have identified three types
of multi-view. Only one type, the third in their discussion,  relates to
what has been discussed within the use cases, which is the case which
the same field of view is captured from multiple camera angles. We can
describe this in the terms we have just used, which is that one scene is
captured by multiple points of origin.  We feel that this requirement is
already covered by the proposal for OPEN-5, since it allows you to
accomplish this type of multi-view. So, we don't think there needs to be
an extra and redundant requirement for multi-view of type 3.

Stephen and Allyn

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:42:20 +1100

Hello Allyn,

The proposed requirements look ok to me. With regards to multi-view you 
mention that is covered by requirements in OPEN-5. Perhaps we can 
provide some extra text linking the requirement to the multi-view use 
case? At least then there's some traceability and people can see a link 
to multiview.

Regards, Christian

On 10/11/2011 7:17 AM, Allyn Romanow (allyn) wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> Steve and I would like to propose how to handle the open issues that 
> are not waiting for more resolution.
>
> We feel there are 2 parts to this – identifying the origin and 
> OPEN-5: Need to identify the origin of each capture is not identified 
> as a requirement. The authors propose
>
> of multi-view. Only one type, the third in their discussion, relates 
> to what has been discussed within the use cases, which is the case 
> which the same field of view is captured from multiple camera angles. 
> We can describe this in the terms we have just used, which is that one 
> scene is captured by multiple points of origin. We feel that this 
> requirement is already covered by the proposal for OPEN-5, since it 
> allows you to accomplish this type of multi-view. So, we don’t think 
> there needs to be an extra and redundant requirement for multi-view of 
> type 3.
>
> Stephen and Allyn
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

---

From: "Allyn Romanow (allyn)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:14:51 -0800

Hi Christian,
Your suggestion makes a lot of sense, but in previous discussions people
have not wanted discursive text in the requirements.

It seems to me that anyone interested in this type of multi-view would
immediately understand that the functionality is spelled out.
However, this is just my view, and I'm fine of course if there's a
consensus to add additional text.

Best,
Allyn

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Christian Groves
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:42 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [clue] Requirements open issues 5 and 6-- three
dimensions
> and multi-view
> > allows you to accomplish this type of multi-view. So, we don't think