Subject: [clue] AVTCORE and AVTEXT topics of potential relevance for CLUE WG

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:49:55 +0100

Hi,
(As individual)

As CLUE WG has started looking at RTP media transport I think the WG
should be aware of discussions that is going to happen in the AVTCORE
and AVTEXT that may be of potential interest for the WG members.

The most important is the RTP Multiplexing architecture discussion in
AVTCORE. This discusses the options and provide guidance when most
appropriate to use RTP session versus using multiple SSRCs in the same
RTP session.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-multiplex-architecture/

Another topic is the discussion of the impact and possible solutions for
multiplexing multiple RTP sessions on the same lower layer transport,
like UDP flow.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-transport-multiplexing/
This also touches on the proposal in RTCWEB on using multiple media
types in a single RTP session.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lennox-rtcweb-rtp-media-type-mux/

The especially targeted at centralized conferencing there is proposals
in AVTCORE for how to realize RTP Simulcast (in the meaning of multiple
encodings of the same media source):
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast/

In AVTEXT there is a proposal intended to allow central mixers (main use
case) to temporarily halt delivery of media streams from participants
that the mixer doesn't use.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtext-rtp-stream-pause/

I hope you can participate in the WGs to provide input from a CLUE
perspective on these proposals.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------