Subject: [clue] Room change for Thursday's adhoc (new room TBA)

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:48:13 -0600

They usurped our room for this speaker.  The room they offered in
replacement only seats 20.  I will let folks know as soon as I know if
they can get us a bigger room.

Regards,
Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Subject: [82all] Thursday Lunch Speaker: Cloud Computing - Dr.
Yu-Huang Chu (朱煜煌)
To: [email-masked]

All;

Speaker:
Dr. Yu-Huang Chu (朱煜煌)
Senior Researcher of the Broadband Network Laboratory,
Telecommunication Laboratories Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd.

Logistics:
       Room:   3F Banquet
       Thursday        17 November
       Time:   12:00 - 12:45
       Note:   Lunch will -not- be served

Description of Topic:

Cloud Computing service is focus on flexibility and elasticity.
Tradition IP/Ethernet network is not easy to satisfy this
requirements. Software Defined Network (SDN) can provide dynamic
provision and modification for individual customer need. The smart
network must provide on demand self-service, secure, unified
management, and mobility. This talk covers SDN, OpenStack and LISP
(Location ID Separation Protocol). These technologies would solve most
of the smart network requirements. Besides, Open software will
dominate the future network development of management system.
OpenStack Software delivers a standard API between Application and
infrastructure. It simplifies Cloud Computing management efforts.

Speaker Bio:

Dr. Michele Mosca obtained his DPhil in 1999 from the University of
Oxford. He is co-founder and the Deputy Director of the Institute for
Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo, a Professor in the
Department of Combinatorics & Optimization of the Faculty of
Mathematics, and a founding member of Waterloo's Perimeter Institute
for Theoretical Physics.

Dr. Mosca has made major contributions to the theory and practice of
quantum information processing.He has done pioneering work in quantum
algorithms, including the development and application of the phase
estimation approach to quantum algorithms. Together with collaborators
at Oxford, he realized several of the first implementations of quantum
algorithms using nuclear magnetic resonance. In the area of quantum
cryptography, he and his collaborators developed fundamental methods
for performing reliable computations with untrusted quantum apparatus,
defined the notion of private quantum channels, and developed optimal
methods for encrypting quantum information using classical keys. Dr.
Mosca's work is published widely in top journals, and he co-authored
the respected textbook "An Introduction to Quantum Computing" (OUP).

Dr. Mosca has won numerous academic awards and honours, including the
Premier's Research Excellence Award (2000-2005), Fellow of the
Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) since 2010, Canada
Research Chair in Quantum Computation (2002-present), and 2010
Canada's Top 40 Under 40.
_______________________________________________
82all mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/82all