Subject: [clue] Comments on v2 of the CLUE Framework

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:01:16 +1100

Hello Mark, all,

I've reviewed draft-ietf-clue-framework-02.txt and have a few comments:

Section 1: "Several appendices describe topics that are under discussion 
for adding to the document." There's only one Appendix, A.

Section 5.3 4th bullet: Would it be better to say "...with the origin at 
a spot of the <provider's> choosing." or was implementer used on purpose?

Section 5.3 Additional: Would additional principles be that the origin 
is the same for any captures in a capture scene utilising spatial 
information? Also can the origin be changed during a session? I guess it 
should be static???

Section 5.4.4: With regards to the text "..Each media capture can have 
its own plane of interest, but the planes should intersect at the 
boundary between spatially   related captures..." FYI, in the ITU-T 
Q.5/16 Telepresence System architecture document there is a room layout 
(section 9.1) that shows non intersecting plane. I can see that you'd 
probably want to keep the boundaries between captures parallel but I 
don't know that they should intersect?

Section 5.6.2: "An optional attribute...", I guess its optional to 
include this as a MC may not have spatial information. However if there 
is spatial information is this mandatory or may a default be assumed? 
Also the heading of the section is "Area scale millimeters" seeing we 
don't have a boolean value any more we could remove "millimeters" from 
the name of the attribute.

Section 6.2 4th paragraph: "...and capture the whole endpoint". Would it 
be better to say capture the entire "capture scene"? I guess its not 
showing a video of the device itself :-)

Section 9 under 2nd bullet list: "Summary of video captures - 3 
codecs,..." should this be "codecs" or "captures"?

Section 9 "Area of capture" table: VC3 if I understand it correctly 
shows the loudest speaker. However the table gives the spatial 
co-ordinates for the entire scene. I can see some logic to say the 
speaker will come from somewhere in the capture scene, but is this 
assumption documented anywhere in the framework?

Section 9 addition: As we've specified "Area of Scene" in 5.6.1 I think 
it would be good to indicate what it is in the example. Also where it 
says "This example uses a millimeter scale", to tie it back to the "Area 
Scale" attribute it may be better to say "An area scale of millimeters 
is used."

Section 9 paragraph under Point of capture table: "This is the width of 
each area of capture for VC0, VC1, and VC2." I don't know if its worth 
saying "planar width" to make sure there's no confusion with width 
across the Cartesian axis.

Regards, Christian