Subject: [clue] Add description text to a capture scene

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:35:14 -0500

Hi all,

Per the design team meeting this morning, we are doing a consensus call on
the question as to whether human readable text string should be added to
the capture scene.

Note that while this came up during discussion of Ticket #8 in a previous
meeting, it does not impact the state of Ticket #8 which remains open:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/ticket/8 (How consumer
differentiates between multiple capture scenes)

So, if folks could please respond to the following question with a "Yes" or
"No":

Should a human readable text string be added to the capture scene in the
framework document?

It would also be helpful (but not required for consensus) if folks could
provide a brief statement justifying their response for the WG members that
did not hear the discussion on today's call.

The consensus call closes on Thursday at 5pm Pacific.

Thanks,
Mary
CLUE WG co-chair

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Duckworth, Mark <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Regarding Ticket #8 - How consumer differentiates between multiple capture
> scenes.
> We discussed this a bit on the list, and on the April 10 phone meeting.  I
> think the group agreed we should add a human readable text string attribute
> to a capture scene.
>
> Here is a proposal for adding text to the framework document section 6.2.1
> Capture scene attributes:
>
> Description attribute
>
> The description attribute is a human readable text string which describes
> the capture scene.  A provider that advertises multiple capture scenes may
> use different descriptions to differentiate between them.
>
>
> Do we also want to add a similar description attribute to a media capture?
>
> Mark Duckworth
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:02:03 -0400

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Mary Barnes
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> the question as to whether human readable text string should be added to the
> capture scene.
>

Should is ambiguous. Do you mean an optional or a mandatory human
readable text string ?

If you mean optional, I would say Yes. The ability to add comments is
always useful, and in some cases
might be essential.

Regards
Marshall

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Duckworth, Mark
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>