Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 13:54:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework for Telepresence Multi-Streams
	Author(s)       : Allyn Romanow
                          Mark Duckworth
                          Andrew Pepperell
                          Brian Baldino
	Filename        : draft-ietf-clue-framework-05.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2012-05-25

   This memo offers a framework for a protocol that enables devices in a
   telepresence conference to interoperate by specifying the
   relationships between multiple media streams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-clue-framework-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-clue-framework-05.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-framework/

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 19:17:14 -0400

I have a question about the site switching definition in the new version:

If the sites provide differing numbers of captures, how does that affect 
site switching? Presumably the entry should have enough captures to 
cover all those provided by any one site. What should happen when 
switching to a site that provides fewer captures? Should transmission 
stop for the unneeded captures? Or should placeholder content be sent? 
Or should captures from some other site (e.g. from the previously 
selected site) be sent?

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "Duckworth, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 19:42:40 -0700

Hi Paul,
The text describing the switching policies came from the use case document, so there really isn't anything new here.
IMO, the media provider has some leeway in deciding how to handle cases like you mention, and still be able to call it site switching.

Mark

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Paul Kyzivat
> Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 7:17 PM
> To: CLUE
> Subject: Re: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-framework-05.txt
> 
> If the sites provide differing numbers of captures, how does that affect site
> switching? Presumably the entry should have enough captures to cover all
> those provided by any one site. What should happen when switching to a
> site that provides fewer captures? Should transmission stop for the
> unneeded captures? Or should placeholder content be sent?
> Or should captures from some other site (e.g. from the previously selected
> site) be sent?
> 
> 	Thanks,
> 	Paul
> 
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:58:00 +1000

Hello,

With regards to the new description attribute and description language 
attribute in section 6.2.1 it appears that the intention is that only 
one language is supported. Would it make sense to allow these attributes 
to support the sending of multiple languages? i.e. a description could 
contain the name of a capture scene in Chinese as well as an English 
equivalent?
Otherwise there would probably have to be some negotiation of a general 
"language" attribute so that an endpoint could send the correct language 
to the remote end point.

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 13:23:41 +1000

Hello,

1. Section 6.2.1: The scale attribute starts off by saying "An optional 
attribute". Perhaps we should also use similar terminology for the 
description, description language and scene-switch policy attributes to 
make it clear if an attribute is mandatory or optional.

2. Section 6.2.1 Description Language: Perhaps we need some text to 
discuss the relationship with the description attribute? i.e. the 
Description Language attribute MUST be sent if the Description attribute 
is sent.

3. Section 6.2.1 Description Language: The reference to the IANA 
registry has several types: language, extlang, script, region. Which 
types will CLUE use? e.g. Hebrew is both a language "He" and a script 
"Hebr".

4. Section 6.2.2 it says
"In the provider's advertisement, this attribute can have multiple 
values, which means the provider supports each of the indicated 
policies. The consumer, when it requests media captures from this 
capture scene entry, should also include this attribute but with only 
the single value..."
Does the consumer behaviour need to be conditional? i.e. "If the 
consumer receives a scene-switch-policy attribute it should include this 
attribute with a single value when it requests media captures from this 
capture scene entry."

Regards, Christian

---

From: Roni even <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 04:57:27 +0000

Hi Christian,
This is a good point, I also think that we should allow this functionality. This allows the renderer to display one or multiple descriptions
Roni

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] on behalf of Christian Groves [[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:58
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [clue] Language Re:  I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-framework-05.txt

Hello,

Regards, Christian