Subject: [clue] Fwd: Call for Papers: IAB/IRTF Workshop on Congestion Control for Interactive Real-Time Communication, July 28, 2012 Vancouver, Canada

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 06:26:18 -0400

FYI. CLUE obviously deals with "Interactive Real-Time Communication"

Regards
Marshall

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Subject: Call for Papers: IAB/IRTF Workshop on Congestion Control for
Interactive Real-Time Communication, July 28, 2012 Vancouver, Canada
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

IAB / IRTF Workshop on
Congestion Control for Interactive
Real-Time Communication

July 28, 2012
Vancouver, Canada

The IAB and IRTF will hold a workshop on Congestion Control for
Interactive Real-Time Communication" in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday,
July 28th, 2012 prior to the IETF-84 meeting (see
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/84/index.html).  Participation at the
workshop is free of charge. There is no requirement to either register
with or attend the IETF-84 meeting that follows the workshop.

The workshop organizers would like to foster a discussion on:

What are appropriate congestion signals to use for interactive media and data?
What existing congestion control algorithms are appropriate for
interactive media and data? What properties would be desirable in new
congestion control algorithms?
Measurement and/or simulations of new congestion signals (e.g.,
delay-based) and their interaction with existing congestion control
mechanisms.
What are good available techniques for adjusting sending rates for
interactive media and data? What are the limits of those techniques?
What properties would be desirable in new techniques?
What application-specific considerations have to be taken into account?
How can we ensure that real-time communications are well-behaved with
respect to other Internet applications while still providing good
quality?
What should the IETF and/or IRTF do?

The organizers seek position papers on any or all of these topics, as
well as other topics related to congestion control for interactive
realtime media.

Every prospective workshop participant must submit a position paper
containing a name and an email address. Authors of accepted papers
will be invited to the workshop. Papers up to 3 pages, formatted in
HTML, PDF, or plain text (for example, as a submitted Internet-Draft)
are ideal. Accepted position papers will be published.  Additional
details about the meeting venue will be provided to authors of
accepted papers.

Important Dates

Position paper submission deadline:          June 23, 2012
Notification to paper authors:                       June 30, 2012
Workshop date:                                             July 28, 2012

Additional Details

Additional details on the workshop as well as the submission process
is available at http://www.iab.org/cc-workshop/

Contact

To sponsors: If you are interested to help us working towards better
interactive media congestion control mechanisms on the Internet (such
as by making a contribution towards catering costs and room rental),
please contact us!

In case of questions please send email to mary.ietf.barnes at gmail.com.