Subject: [clue] Is audio live or recorded?

From: "Johan Ludvig Nielsen (johaniel)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 12:53:15 +0200

Hi

Here is one piece of information that can be of good use to a receiving
endpoint's audio processing, and therefore relating to CLUE Task #10,
Does Framework provide sufficient info for receiver?

-    Is an incoming audio stream live or recorded? 

Recorded like for instance a soundtrack accompanying a film input as
presentation. This is distinctly different from live in the sense that
it is normally played back on loudspeakers also in the sending room, and
the recording is not listening to what is coming back from the
conference.

I suggest that a distinction between live and recorded is built in to
the media capture attributes. Either with a specific value for recorded
audio, or by simply stating in the framework that "slides" on an audio
capture (or a capture scene containing audio captures) means the audio
is recorded and not live.

(Yes I think "slides" is a funny value for presentation...)

Regards

Johan