Subject: [clue] CLUE Issues and Topics

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 11:15:14 -0500

Below are the topics for prioritization for tomorrow's discussion.   The
idea is to summarize the topics in order of what you consider the most
important (top of the list) to the least important (last on the list).
E.G.:

9

7

3

1

5

6

4

8

2

10

Please send your list no later than 6am tomorrow (Stockholm time).  If you
feel there is something we missed that you think is of extreme importance
let me know and we can decide whether to add it in the morning.

Thanks,

Mary.

Topics/issues for discussion on Friday:

Framework (FW):

1) Do we need a consumer capability message?

2) Content-type:

- borrow from RFC4796 & define semantics for CLUE

- update RFC4796 with semantics - ensure interop

- reference IMTC document? (workable if it's published as information/AD
sponsored - ala SIP Forum)

- something.

3) Charles - relationships between capture scene entries - example on page
13

4) Ticket #8

5) Switch capture:

- discuss proposed solution options:

- e.g., suggestion to use a new attribute for ordering - versus overloading
attributes.

- encoding groups

6) Consumer layout and capture selection (i.e., discuss Rob's proposal)

Data model (DM):

7) Should we separate general encoding parameters from codec specific
parameters?

8) Do we agree with the basic approach, format and content of the data
model?

9) Evaluation of criteria against data elements

RTP:

10) What topologies should we support?

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 03:21:06 -0500

Here are the results (most important to discuss ->  least important):

1) (FW) Do we need a consumer capability message?

5) (FW) Switch capture:

- encoding groups

6) (FW) Consumer layout and capture selection (i.e., discuss Rob's proposal)

4) Ticket #8

10)  (RTP) What topologies should we support?

2) Content-type:

- something new.

8) (DM) Do we agree with the basic approach, format and content of the data
model?

3) (FW)Charles - relationships between capture scene entries - example on
page 13

7) (DM) Should we separate general encoding parameters from codec specific
parameters?

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>wrote:

> - e.g., suggestion to use a new attribute for ordering - versus
> overloading attributes.
>
> - encoding groups
>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:26:34 -0500

Note, the slight modifications made while we were discussing the items on
Friday.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Subject: Re: CLUE Issues and Topics
To: CLUE <[email-masked]>

5) (FW) Switch capture:

- encoding groups

4) Ticket #8

2) Content-type:

a) reference RFC4796, describe and limit the values that are used & specify
semantics specific to CLUE.  Must ensure that the element values are
extensible.

b) update RFC4796 with semantics

c) something new (values and semantics) (don't reference RFC 4796).

Separate issue: reference IMTC document? (workable if it's published as
information/AD sponsored - ala SIP Forum)

8) (DM) Do we agree with the basic approach, structure and content of the
data model?