Subject: [clue] New switched attribute or how to decide what is in the basic framwork

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 08:19:14 +0300

Hi,

At the interim we discussed a couple of proposal to extend the switch
attribute. This discussion may lead to a new attribute because some people
have the feeling that they would like to have an explicit way to describe
such functionality. 

The question I now have is how do we decide what is the basic content of the
framework and which functionality is an extension that will be described in
a separate document (see my email on extensibility).

In previous IETF meetings (Quebec and Taipei), interim meeting and on the
mailing list when the topic of having more than a Boolean to represent
switch or composed captures it was argued that it should be an extension to
the framework.

This is why I think that on this topic we need first to see a document that
will propose a solution and then if we decide to accept it, we will also
need to agree if this should go to the framework or an extension.

What bothers me is that I would like to see the framework document finished
based on the current content and have new functionality as an extension

Thanks

Roni